Tide Rolled!

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Tide Rolled!

Postby BigJohn94 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

According to facebook status updatem earlier today the ladies defeated Alabama! Great win for the program!

BREAKING: WBB: Wofford women pull off the upset of Alabama on the road 58-52 this afternoon in front of thousands of 5th graders as part of a school promotion. More to come!
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Re: Tide Rolled!

Postby Art Vandalay on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Just confirmed it on Alabama's athletics site.
Art Vandalay
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Big Win!!! Congrats ladies and Coach Farmer!!!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2012/ ... ath=wbball This is just great. Well done ladies; I'll bet MerrierTerrier is smiling.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Yes I am interested in hearing what Merrier Terrier thinks now. And not only a big win but C. Stokes a freshman was the star of the game. Two other freshmen (or should we say freshladies) played too as well as two sophomores. So looks like we have a young team but it is balanced by several upperclassmen too. The future looks bright for the Lady Terriers. However one game does not make a season so the Lady Terriers need to stay focused and not relax. The season is very young and anything can happen. But I felt that after playing Chatt and Sam at their places fairly tough that their was some hope for a good season. Great win ladies !!!!!!
Loyalterrier

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am

Great win, but I'm sure the ladies would have rather beaten Samford and Chattanooga. Conference games are just more important. I can't get overly excited over a non-conference win no matter who it's against (unless it's in the NCAA tourney).
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby MerrierTerrier on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I think it's awesome! This team is deep. Love the play of Stokes. The ladies now have a point that really pushes the ball. Last year they had talent - just not enough legs (9 players) as the season went on. I think they became tired. This year they have enough players with talent to stay fresh on the court. Coach Farmer will be able to keep pressure on his opponents by using his bench the entire game. Motley is playing "HUGE" right now. The freshmen seem to have caught their stride and the team has great balance. Can't say enough about this victory.
MerrierTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Women's Basketball