What's up for 06?

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

What's up for 06?

Postby woffwoff on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:31 pm

Anyone have a scoop on whats up as far as visitors go in Jan?
I am very excited to see the new recruits for 06. Does anyone have any insight into what positions are the hot ones this year?
GO TERRIERS!
woffwoff
woffwoff

Postby Terriertime on Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:38 pm

On Offense:
Reciever- many coming back, probably more of a need in '07.
O-Line- Pretty-stocked at Guard, lost the top 3 tackles from '05, so I guess they'll try to sign a few. Also, the Terriers have 4 centers going into spring practice.
Tight end- Will probably sign at least 1
QB- Probably will sign one after moving Romero to RB.
Fullback: probably sign one
Half-Back- Biggest need on offense with Dunn, jackson, and Johnson graduating. Probably will sign 3 or 4.

On Defense:
D-Line: Will need to replace Bethay and Hutchison. Probably will sign 2 or 3.
Outside Backer: My guess would be we will sign 1 or 2.
Inside Linebacker: Big need, have Franklin returning, but must replace Josh Smith and Jim Thurman. With Franklin graduating after next year, we'll need some replacements.
Secondary: Big area of need. Must replace Stuckey and Love. Kemp, Ford, Tavani, and Faulk will all be gone in two seasons.
Terriertime

Postby woffwoff on Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Thanks for the breakdown. four centers? the senior brad, corey, simmons and ?
Tackles, without Hodap there will be a big need there. Guard looking good with quick, miller who both played alot as freshmen and bauer and tiller maybe one will move to tackle or maybe, hard to tell from the guys left.
Other guys look good too, there were a lot of O-line guys in the 05 class.

Looks to me like baker is the heir apparent to katon- great player and looks like he loves the game.

Who out there is being pursued for the secondary? There is a need, to stock up on speed. Looks like the Socon is getting faster.
Other thoughts, comments?
GO TERRIERS
woffwoff
woffwoff

Postby Terriertime on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:33 pm

Yes, I can definately see one of the guards moving to takle. You have four guys that played a lot in '05 at Guard, but only one tackle, Will Rutherford who saw any significant time at tackle. Another takle, Derek Wooten has tremendous potential, just needs some more reps. If I had to guess, I would bet they might try Ben Quick at Tackle because he is so athletic. BTW- The other center is Brent Owen, a frshman from Dallas, TX. Whatever they do I have confidence Coach Nash will make the right moves, because he has done a very good job the last three years.

Yes, we always need to recruit speed, speed ,and more speed on defense. It will be interesting to see who we land in the class of '06.
Terriertime

Postby woffwoff on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:06 pm

Oh at 6'2 I wasn't sure where Owen fit in, did he play this year? Four deep at Center is a bunch, Nash will sort it out he has done a great job. I saw on a prep site a DE with amazing speed from spartanburg broome was offered by W by committed to Vandy. To bad, would be nice to have a hometown
player.
The corner from Fayetteville is still undecided, at 4.6 he would be a great catch.
woffwoff

Return to Football