Poll ended at Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Don't Care?
No votes
Really Don't Care
100%

Total votes : 4

Beat NC A&T or Bust

Postby Growler on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Well if we defeat A&T we'll be one game over 500 for the season. If we lose we'll be starting our death spiral to a losing season. We can and should win.

We should be 5-4 in the conference right now. Those were games that were won and handed back. It's not because of our arms its the way they're being used!

I'm hoping for a bell to go off or a light to come on or a lightening bolt to strike or some damn thing to happen to bring this program to reality.

Let's all of us TERRIER FANS get behind our guy's and get us going in the right direction. After all this is a TERRIER FAN FORUM SITE. I can't beleive we've let Citadel fans take it over. As if we care what they think!

"GO TERRIERS" :clap2: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D - :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Growler

Re: Beat NC A&T or Bust

Postby Doc JS on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Growler wrote:Let's all of us TERRIER FANS get behind our guy's and get us going in the right direction. After all this is a TERRIER FAN FORUM SITE. I can't beleive we've let Citadel fans take it over. As if we care what they think!

Whoa there Growler! It thought this forum was for civilized discussion among all fans. But since it's clear I'm not wanted here, I'll be leaving now.

Have a good rest of the season.

See you in the tournament.

Doc JS
Doc JS

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:40 pm

Doc JS wrote:
Growler wrote:Let's all of us TERRIER FANS get behind our guy's and get us going in the right direction. After all this is a TERRIER FAN FORUM SITE. I can't beleive we've let Citadel fans take it over. As if we care what they think!

Whoa there Growler! It thought this forum was for civilized discussion among all fans. But since it's clear I'm not wanted here, I'll be leaving now.

Doc JS

Don't worry Doc, some of us are glad that anyone will post this time of year. It's extremely dead around here after spring football practice until the fall. I've always enjoyed reading what both you and PhoenixDad have to say about baseball though. I wish PhoenixDad were around these days.

IMO, the NC A&T game is a must win. Any idea who the starter will be?

That Davidson series this weekend is even more important. Davidson has fewer baseball scholarships than Wofford so the normal excuse for losing doesn't apply this weekend.

Having the lead in 4 of the 8 conference losses in the 7th or later inning only to lose is a heart breaker.

Did anyone think the Terriers would miss JD Melton this much?
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Growler on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:25 pm

BestOfBreed wrote:
Doc JS wrote:

Doc JS

Hold on guy's it was never my intention to run anyone off! Having said that. This is called the Terrier Fan Forum. It just seemed to me that our program was being scutinized and lambasted by folks ouside the program. Beleive me, we know there's something missing. As stated earlier we gave back four of those eight losses. Our guy's play hard and have the desire to win. If your truly interested in the success of the Terrier Program welcome. If you just want to gloat SEE YA!

Don't worry Doc, some of us are glad that anyone will post this time of year. It's extremely dead around here after spring football practice until the fall. I've always enjoyed reading what both you and PhoenixDad have to say about baseball though. I wish PhoenixDad were around these days.

That Davidson series this weekend is even more important. Davidson has fewer baseball scholarships than Wofford so the normal excuse for losing doesn't apply this weekend.

Having the lead in 4 of the 8 conference losses in the 7th or later inning only to lose is a heart breaker.

Growler

Postby Growler on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Growler wrote:
BestOfBreed wrote:
Doc JS wrote:

Doc JS

Hold on guy's it was never my intention to run anyone off! Having said that. This is called the Terrier Fan Forum. It just seemed to me that our program was being scutinized and lambasted by folks ouside the program. Beleive me, we know there's something missing. As stated earlier we gave back four of those eight losses. Our guy's play hard and have the desire to win. If you're truly interested in the success of the Terrier Program welcome. If you just want to gloat SEE YA!

Hold on guy's it was never my intention to run anyone off! Having said that. This is called the Terrier Fan Forum. It just seemed to me that our program was being scutinized and lambasted by folks ouside the program. Beleive me, we know there's something missing. As stated earlier we gave back four of those eight losses. Our guy's play hard and have the desire to win. If you're truly interested in the success of the Terrier Program welcome. If you just want to gloat SEE YA!
Growler

Postby terriers on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Looking for a silver lining, I do think, with the exception of Western
Carolina, we have played the toughest teams in the conference.
We are one stopper away from being a very good ballclub. If we
can take two of three from Davidson and Furman, I'll be happy.
GO DOGS!
terriers

Postby Ruckus on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 am

how could anyone think we would NOT miss J.D. Melton? There may be some legitimate reasons why we are not successful in conference play, money and scholarships may be several; but doesn't a blind hog find an acorn every now and then? We've got kids that can play. Every few years you'd think we'd get lucky and win a FEW conference games at least.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball