At Furples 5-4, -5, -6

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

At Furples 5-4, -5, -6

Postby lawdog on Wed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Beat USCU today; anyone go to the game? http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2012/ ... 21901.aspx

Need to beat the Furples to get a tourney spot.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: At Furples 5-4, -5, -6

Postby Ruckus on Sat May 05, 2012 7:54 am

Lost the first one 4-3.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat May 05, 2012 4:25 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby sej41 on Sat May 05, 2012 4:57 pm

"1-8 in one run games. What does that tell us?" I believe it tells us that we have 7 more losses than we do wins in 1 run games. I'm not a mathematician or anything though so you may want to check my work. You guys and your subtle condescension.

It took way too long to sign up and post on this board - I have no idea why I did. I'm not a Coach I hater and I didn't play for Wofford pre-D1 era - which apparently was the only era in which Wofford Baseball was good/ had good players/coaches/played good teams etc - so I'm definitely in the minority here.
sej41

Postby Ruckus on Sat May 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Glad you joined us but you will not enjoy your stay with that attitude. No one has said or implied any of the assertions you make. In fact, many of us feel exactly the opposite. That's a mighty big chip on your shoulder for someone who has never posted here.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 pm

sej41, you are reading way too much into a simple observation/discussion starter. No need to get off on the wrong foot.

BTW, we won today's game 11-10. http://athletics.wofford.edu/index.aspx ... b=baseball
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby sej41 on Sun May 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Ruckus: No one has said or implied that?? It may be my first post, but I've read this board for a few years now. And for a few years, it's been pretty consistent I bashing and I don't understand why.

If the "1-8" comment didn't have a negative implication then I apologize. But based on past comments that have lit up this board, I'll maintain my assumption.
sej41

Postby Ruckus on Sun May 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I was referring to your "pre D-1" comment. Here's a tip: save your effort fighting whatever evils you perceive on here, be it I haters or old timers, and write a check funding a scholarship. Because short of that you are not helping the program or making any difference whatsoever.
BTW - we lost the FU series today. Save a miracle finish, we will again miss the SoCon tourney.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby sej41 on Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I appreciate your opinion that I've never helped the program - interesting assumption. I like how the one person who sticks up for I gets devalued with a "write a check" - while all others who rip on our coach get a virtual pat on the back. No big deal - I'll leave the forum and leave you all to rip on a guy who's worked tirelessly to improve the program.
sej41

Postby Ruckus on Sun May 06, 2012 6:59 pm

You are purporting a false argument. I never said you haven't helped the program at any point in the past, only that any effort you expend on this board now fighting whatever evils you perceive or imagine isn't helping one thing to win ballgames. I could care less whether you support TI or not. Why? Because it's not going to change anything one way or another. However your post and effort to create a position I did not take only reinforces my initial impression that you are on here with a chip on your shoulder and an agenda to further. Sure, you wouldn't be the first on here for TI or against him but you aren't really helping anything by jousting your windmills on the board. You are entitled express whatever opinions you like and if you are looking for a fight you are sure to find one. I would hope instead of replowing old ground former contributors to the program would like to talk some baseball. But as is our custom this time of year, the TI supporters take offense to the anti-TI crowd and others expressing frustration over yet another losing and uncompetitive season. Tis the season.........
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun May 06, 2012 7:16 pm

sej41 wrote:No big deal - I'll leave the forum and leave you all to rip on a guy who's worked tirelessly to improve the program.

I don't want to see anyone leave the board, but just as some don't understand the constant Interdonato bashing, others don't understand that constant Interdonato support. I understand supporting the players 100%, but after all the water that has run under the bridge, it is hard to believe anyone thinks the current coaching staff is going in the right direction. Granted, a big part of that may be the lack of funding and that's why I critcize funding along with coaching almost everytime. But facts are fact. Interdonato got the job under somewhat dubious circumstances and while some individual players have excelled, the team has neither gelled nor performed as a team.

I don't classify myself as an old-timer and the last time I played organized baseball was when I was 10 years old. What I do classify myself as is someone who cares a lot about the performance of Wofford's athletic teams, the quality of the effort given by the coaches who are paid to train and coach our guys and the way in which we win and lose. In my opinion, and the opinion of many others here, the current head coach is not doing a good job in helping our guys perform. As I said, there are reasons behind that fact that could explain it and may even justify the results we are getting (funding chief among those). But, I still don't get the near fanatical level of support Interdonato gets from some people. When does the performance dictate a change be made? When will the experiment be deemed a failure? When will everyone look past the person and focus on the results?
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball