Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Davidson

Postby lawdog on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Lost opener in nail biter, 1-0.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Davidson

Postby BGTerrier on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Wasted another very good outing from Yarusi.

How in the world did we get no hit by Davidson?
BGTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby Ruckus on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 am

Better yet, how did they no hit Doyle?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:05 pm

I thought Interdonato was supposed to be a hitting guru?
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby lost...dog on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Our hitters are taught a certain approach which involves targeting balls in certain locations, depending on the count. In all honesty, I think it does nothing but constrict our hitters. Good hitters just hit... I'm guessing Mac just does his thing. I hate the idea of letting first pitch strikes go by just because they weren't middle or in
lost...dog

Postby lawdog on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Davy is the only school with as few schollies as us and we can't score more than 1 run in 2 games. Got to feel for our pitchers these last 2 days.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby DiamondTerrier on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Well let’s see...our Hitting Guru coach's team just went 5 for 59 with 4 walks. Some guru we have. He has also gone to his old ways with his temper. Never gives anyone a pat on the back when they do well but if they r struggling they get "F" bombed to death and ridiculed in front of the team. He actually blamed CC for causing JM to struggle on the mound on Sunday. Coach said since he (CC) didn't pitch well on Saturday it caused JM do have a bad performance on Sunday. How ridiculous is that? He really has no clue! Does anyone know why we have a staff person with the constant negativity and constant bombardment of cursing (F Bombing) that our students have to be subjective to? Aren't we still a Christian affiliated school? Sure can't tell it by his representation of the school. That is why our guys can't perform well. It's all negative, negative, and negative. Will it ever end? I see now that the athletic administration and the administration don’t seem to mind of this lack of leadership and representation of our school. They have NO Pride!
DiamondTerrier

Postby Ruckus on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Lost 5-4 today. Swept by Davy. Scored 5 runs in 3 games. Again, got to feel for our pitchers. Not good.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby dialing8 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

DiamondTerrier wrote: He has also gone to his old ways with his temper. Never gives anyone a pat on the back when they do well but if they r struggling they get "F" bombed to death and ridiculed in front of the team. Does anyone know why we have a staff person with the constant negativity and constant bombardment of cursing (F Bombing) that our students have to be subjective to? That is why our guys can't perform well. It's all negative, negative, and negative. Will it ever end? !

I have taken just a few lines out of your post to say this could explain why a team with so much talent is underachieving! The senior class he will be losing next year will be hard to replace and might be as good as any graduating class we have had a Wofford.
When they are gone I guess there will be more cursing because if this team can't win it will be much harder to win next year. The beating down of these boys is evident on the faces of most of these kids.
Wait until these boys graduate and go have a talk with them when you see them. I have spoken to kids that have graduated in the last FOUR years. The stuff some will tell you will turn your stomach!
As far as your question of will it ever end, who knows. The better question is why would he want a job that has to lead to long nights of tossing and turning to figure out why he can't get these young men to play up to their ability?
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby SoaringEagle on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Swept by Davidson? DAVIDSON???? And no-hit by them to boot? Wow, you guys suck even worse than I thought. Man, it must suck to be a Wofford baseball player. My son could probably be on that team- and he's 8!
SoaringEagle

Postby BossTerrier on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:47 pm

SoaringEagle wrote:Swept by Davidson? DAVIDSON???? And no-hit by them to boot? Wow, you guys suck even worse than I thought. Man, it must suck to be a Wofford baseball player. My son could probably be on that team- and he's 8!

Your son? You mean you are old enough to have kids?

He must be proud of his dad acting like a moron on a socon message board.

Real mature, dad.

God help our society when idiots like you are raising our future. Seriously.
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:06 am

SoaringEagle wrote:Swept by Davidson? DAVIDSON???? And no-hit by them to boot? Wow, you guys suck even worse than I thought. Man, it must suck to be a Wofford baseball player. My son could probably be on that team- and he's 8!

You can leave this topic alone. There is no smack in your arsenal that is more potent than what we have already thrown at our baseball situation. The problem here is not on-the-field talent.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball