Game 3 Terriers @ ASU

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Game 3 Terriers @ ASU

Postby Growler on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:35 am

This our chance to come away with a win and our pride intact. We've got a bevvy of pitchers left in the pen. I'd use every single one of them if that's what it takes. We need to shore up the infield by putting Strurkie at second and either Wood, Waring or Robinette at first. Our right side is very vulnerable with the present lineup. I don't think I'm surprising anyone with these observations, just stating the obvious!

"GO TERRIERS" :clap2: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D - :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Growler

Postby GoldandBlack on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:21 pm

It's too pretty a day not to go wander around in the mountains, but at least the Terriers are up 1-0 in the top of the first inning.

Go Terriers!
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Bottom of the 3rd. Wofford up 5-0.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:06 pm

7-2 Terrier lead is now an 8-7 App State lead going to the 9th :( No bullpen whatsoever.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Gilmartin with a 2 out solo shot to tie it in the 9th!
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:16 pm

Headed to the bottom of the 9th tied at 8.

Around the SoCon:
Western Carolina 7 CoC 8 Final - CoC with the sweep
Furman 8 GSU 1 Final - Furman with the sweep
UNCG 4 Davidson 5 Final - Davidson wins 2 out of 3
Elon 12 The Citadel 8 Final - Elon wins 2 out of 3
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Kirkley with a HR in the 10th. Terriers lead 9-8 going to the bottom of the 10th.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:32 pm

App State ties it in the 10th and have the winning run on 2nd.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:34 pm

App State wins 10-9. Pathetic.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby GoldandBlack on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 pm

- record thru March 18: 15-8
- as of March 25, last 10 games: 5-6
- SoCon record thru March 25: 2-3 (wins over Davidson)

- record thru March 18: 16-6
- as of March 25, last 10 games: 4-7
- SoCon record thru March 25: 0-3

Up next, 3-game series with College of Charleston. After that, 2 games with The Citadel and 3 games with Davidson. IF we can take 1 of 3 from CofC, 1 of 2 from El Cid, and 2 of 3 from Davidson, we'd be at 4-7 in the SoCon with 14 conference games remaining on April 15.

If we can't manage that, it looks like another very long season.
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:20 am

App State had gone 52 straight conference series without a sweep until this weekend :(
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

WE'VE GOT A BULLPEN, WE GOT TO USE IT!

Postby Growler on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 am

BestOfBreed wrote:7-2 Terrier lead is now an 8-7 App State lead going to the 9th :( No bullpen whatsoever.

I have to beg to disagree. We have a bullpen, They're not being used!
Vartanian is almost back, his re-entry is going nicely. He made a bad pitch that got jacked but looked good otherwise. He threw three innings. Chip Hunt went to the pen the same time to warm up. He never entered the game. We had other pitchers sitting and watching the game.

We're not using players to our or their best advantage. Gilmartin is the best player on this team, but he is "NOT A PITCHER" . Kearney is a good Catcher and awesome hitter, but he is "NOT A PITCHER". We're using other players in positions that weaken our defense and demoralize our team.

This is a good team. Yes we should have won games 1 & 3. If the right lineup adjustments are made we could compete with any of the SOCON teams.

"GO TERRIERS" :clap2: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D -= :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Growler

Re: WE'VE GOT A BULLPEN, WE GOT TO USE IT!

Postby GoldandBlack on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:08 am

Growler wrote:We're not using players to our or their best advantage. Gilmartin is the best player on this team, but he is "NOT A PITCHER" . Kearney is a good Catcher and awesome hitter, but he is "NOT A PITCHER". We're using other players in positions that weaken our defense and demoralize our team.

This is a good team. Yes we should have won games 1 & 3. If the right lineup adjustments are made we could compete with any of the SOCON teams.

TRANSLATION (as I read the above comments): We have a coaching problem, and this season is following the trend of past seasons in the won-loss column.
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Re: WE'VE GOT A BULLPEN, WE GOT TO USE IT!

Postby Growler on Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:54 pm

GoldandBlack wrote:
Growler wrote:We're not using players to our or their best advantage. Gilmartin is the best player on this team, but he is "NOT A PITCHER" . Kearney is a good Catcher and awesome hitter, but he is "NOT A PITCHER". We're using other players in positions that weaken our defense and demoralize our team.

TRANSLATION (as I read the above comments): We have a coaching problem, and this season is following the trend of past seasons in the won-loss column.

I didn't say that you did! I wont go there. I just want to see our team succeed! The guy's are busting their butts out there and have the desire and drive to win. I'll say it again Gilmartin is our best player and arguably the best shortstop in the conference, but in 2.2 innings of relief he gave up 10 hits and 7 runs. we need to go to the bullpen. We've got young men sitting there wondering what their doing here. Other team use their staff to pitch to one or two batters or go lefty/righty with certain people in the opposing lineup. Thats what we need to do. Vartanian's almost back to his old closing form, but until he's there we should be using JOHNNY ALLSTAFF!
Growler

Postby Ruckus on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 am

I feel like I am in "Groundhog Day" waking up to Sonny and Cher on the radio singing "I got you, Babe". Here we go again.................
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball