Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Citadel

Postby lawdog on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Citadel

Postby lost...dog on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Definitely the worst Citadel offense I've ever seen, which makes this loss even more hard to swallow. Thought Yarusi dominated them the whole game. He got tagged with those runs but a double play should have ended the inning before the circus started. Would have liked to seen us go with a more proven strike thrower after Yarusi because statistically el Cid won't beat you with the bats.. We gave it away. Better get the next two.
lost...dog

Postby dialing8 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:37 am

It was definately given away. We will see what type heart this team has following the meltdown Friday. We will also see if the coaches can rally the team.
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby american gentleman on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Yes it willbe interesting to see what happens today after what happened last night. Let's hope they the Coach can coach as well as rally. Wofford should never had lost that game...
american gentleman

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Too bad I didn't win the MegaMillions lottery jackot last night. I was planning on giving the Wofford athletic department a 50 million dollar gift if I had, if they agreed to hire Tim Wallace effective next season and increase to 11.7 baseball scholarships, that is. We'd be first place nearly every year, and they'd put my picture on the outfield wall!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCoBaseball on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm

You would donate $50 million to Wofford only if they made TW coach? Amazing.

And for $50 million, I'd probably rather have Tony LaRussa or Joe Torre than TW.

Since there weren't any posts today bashing Coach I or the team, I'm guessing they won. http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2012/ ... 20132.aspx. Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll lose sometime again this season and you all can come back on here to bash the coaching decisions, players, recruiting strategies, field surface, scoreboard, uniforms, practice schedules, concession stand, how Coach I wears his hat, etc.
WoCoBaseball

Postby lost...dog on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 am

Is it bashing to suggest that we shouldn't have kept Eck out there to get a save when we were up 6? We may need him on Sunday. Time will tell.
lost...dog

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:21 am

The concession stand at Rusty King has to be the worst in the conference! The hot dogs suck and they cost too much too. And why do they have to serve Coke products for soft drinks? I like Mountain Dew! :mrgreen: :twisted:
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:27 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lost...dog on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:29 pm

lost...dog wrote:Is it bashing to suggest that we shouldn't have kept Eck out there to get a save when we were up 6? We may need him on Sunday. Time will tell.

....hmmmmm
lost...dog

Postby american gentleman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:26 am

Congratulations to Cash Collins on a great job pitching. He did shine. Unfortunately this game did not end up with Wofford winning, which seems to becoming a pattern especially when we get beat by players who wanted to go to Wofford but for some reason or another "were not good enough" . Who is good enough now?
american gentleman

Postby DiamondTerrier on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes, Cash pitched a great game Sunday. This weekend the problem was TOTAL mismanagement of the Pitching staff all weekend long. I see us putting too much on Eck's shoulders. We have to have a Pitching Staff. Not just one man to do it all. It will take a total team effort to win games. The guys are playing hard and need support and coaching. We as fans can give them all the support in the world. Not sure about the coaching part and that's really sad!
DiamondTerrier

Return to Baseball