Traffic Problems for Wofford - Clemson Game

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Traffic Problems for Wofford - Clemson Game

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:05 pm

As per the Clemson website:

Traffic Advisory for Fans Attending the Clemson-Wofford Basketball Game

Those leaving campus after 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 6 -- and those coming to campus for the 7:30 p.m. men's basketball game with Wofford college -- should plan their routes carefully to avoid area streets closed for the City of Clemson Christmas Parade.

Parade activities will begin at 5 p.m. with caroling and the lighting of the tree in front of the Planning and Codes Administration office at 365 College Avenue.

The parade will begin at 6 p.m. on S.C. Highway 93 at Bowman Field. The parade route will take units north on College Avenue, ending at Keowee Trail (next to Papa John's Pizza).

Barricades will go up at 4:45 p.m. in the following locations:

* S.C. 93 closed between Cherry Road (at the President's Home) and College Avenue (at Subway)

* College Avenue closed between S.C. 93 and Keith Street

* S.C. 93 closed between College Avenue and Williamson Road

The traffic arm on Calhoun Drive, at Brackett Hall, will remain activated until after the parade to deter motorists from traveling toward barricaded areas.

Those parked in the Sikes Hall area will be directed to exit via Parkway Drive.

Once the parade begins, access will be blocked between College Avenue and all sides streets, including North Clemson Avenue, Sloan Street and Keith Street.

All barricades will remain in place until the conclusion of the parade around 7 p.m.

Officers from Clemson University and the City of Clemson police departments will oversee the barricades and direct traffic to provide a safe environment for parade participants and viewers -- many of them children -- to assemble for this annual holiday event.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby GoldandBlack on Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:45 pm

Thanks for the heads-up.

Driving in Clemson is bad enough as it is without surprises.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:08 pm

I think I have it timed to where I miss all the parade stuff... I won't be getting there until just before tipoff at 7:30. I think I'm in section 115.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby GoldandBlack on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:26 pm

I'm looking at same time frame- don't have ticket yet, but I don't figure it to be sellout.

All we have to do is look for the 200 people wearing black (if we're lucky).

Have a fun trip down 85 to whichever exit you use.
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Postby terrierbob on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:25 pm

62-60! Geez

Do we have a chance to be at the top of the conference?
terrierbob

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:27 pm

Great job, T-Dogs! Another close on. I've got to think our time will come with all these close games against the bigger schools.

Watch out Irish, 'Canes and Gamecocks!
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:38 pm

What a game!!! I thought Berg's shot was going in when he let go with it as time expired. I was very proud of the Terriers tonight. The only downside other than the loss was Eric Marshall getting injured in the first half. I hope he's ok. I couldn't get the Terrier postgame show in the car.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby GoldandBlack on Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:03 am

Ditto on all the above- we actually forced them to play our game- they had averaged 85 points a game coming in, and only scored 62. Our average points against coming into this game was right at 58.

Definitely a cool and collected bunch of players. Heck of a game- especially getting the ball back at 30 seconds with the chance to win it.

Who knows about conference play? The SoCon is like the ACC in that respect- once conference play begins, it's a question of who gets knocked off this week. I'll be shocked if we don't have a good run at it, if we can stay away from injuries. Let's hope Marshall is OK.
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball