Not the same team

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Not the same team

Postby MerrierTerrier on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:41 pm

This is not the same team that took to the floor before the Christmas break. In the last 6 games (all losses) they have not played with the same intensity as when they started the season. Sadly, Western Carolina is a team that I believe Wofford would have beaten had they played them prior to January. The Lady Terriers look tired. WCU had only 6 wins coming into today's game but they were definitely a more aggressive, determined and focused team.
MerrierTerrier
Junior Terrier

Re: Not the same team

Postby lawdog on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:55 pm

MT, I have not seen them play, but that makes sense to me. They seem to lack a spark and confidence they had earlier. Any idea why?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby MerrierTerrier on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:41 pm

This is a small squad. I'm not sure what their practices are like but here are just a couple of observations. They seem tired on the floor which can lead to laziness and carelessness hence the increase in TOs. Shooting can suffer as well. Maybe they are just a little overworked and somewhat deflated come game time. Whatever it is, I hope and I am fairly certain they can get back on track. They have demonstrated that they have the talent.
MerrierTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 pm

We have six straight SoCon losses after a promising beginning. With three SoCon home games coming up we hopefully can get back on the right track. The good news we lose only one senior (a good one - Moorhouse) and have five juniors returning. We have I believe 2-3 promising recruits, but need a couple more ... aim high; hopefully we can recruit well with the early playing time and great education we offer.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby MerrierTerrier on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 pm

I agree. The future looks bright for next year. The junior core is strong and the team should be a SoCon contender next year. But let's not forget this year. They have demonstrated that they can win against competitive teams and frankly, many of the losses were against teams to whom they should never have lost. I also think that going forward any conference team that overlooks the Terriers does so at their peril. These ladies can beat any of the SoCon teams when their game is on. I expect them to settle down and make a run.
MerrierTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:49 pm

I hope you are right. Objectively speaking, we used to get blown out in the SoCon on a regular basis, and that is not happening now. One step at a time, hopefully a big step next year.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Denise on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:53 am

MerrierTerrier wrote:I agree. The future looks bright for next year. The junior core is strong and the team should be a SoCon contender next year. But let's not forget this year. They have demonstrated that they can win against competitive teams and frankly, many of the losses were against teams to whom they should never have lost. I also think that going forward any conference team that overlooks the Terriers does so at their peril. These ladies can beat any of the SoCon teams when their game is on. I expect them to settle down and make a run.

Yes, they can beat any team in the SoCon. They have losy some very close games. Hopefully, they get a win this week.
Denise

Return to Women's Basketball