May 4, 6, 7, 8...USC, GSU (3)

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

May 4, 6, 7, 8...USC, GSU (3)

Postby lawdog on Tue May 03, 2011 9:51 am

Tomorrow is our last home game before seven on the road. Would be huge for our season to beat #1 Gamecocks. We can do it...will we?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: May 4, 6, 7, 8...USC, GSU (3)

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:24 pm

There is a better chance of bin Laden coming back from the dead.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby rhfterrier on Tue May 03, 2011 1:35 pm

HAHA, I just shot coffee out of my nose laughing at that comment.
rhfterrier

Postby lawdog on Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 am

The Gamecocks defeated the diamond Terriers with a score of 9-3 before a large crowd of mostly South Carolina fans at Rusty King Field. Many of them were disappointed that USC didn't win by a bigger margin...but USC has nothing to gain by putting all their energy into dismantling a team like Wofford when it has SEC games to worry about and then regionals, super regionals, and the CWS. They have big fish to fry down in Columbia and Wofford is a minnow (or guppy, you can take your pick), let's just be honest about it. But at least Wofford got some money from all those USC rooters...at least I'm assuming Wofford had the good sense to charge admission to this game.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby shortstop02 on Thu May 05, 2011 1:00 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:but USC has nothing to gain by putting all their energy into dismantling a team like Wofford when it has SEC games to worry about and then regionals, super regionals, and the CWS. They have big fish to fry down in Columbia and Wofford is a minnow (or guppy, you can take your pick), let's just be honest about it.

It's people like you or alums like you that make us a minnow. The alums of this school can't even talk good about the baseball program. If you are unhappy about the coaching situation do something about it. I very rarely post on this forum, but read every single negative thing written on here and its ridiculous. Its easy to hide behind a forum but with the kind of balls you guys talk with on here why don't you show up at the next game and tell Coach I yourself what you think of him. The majority of you don't even know the guy or have played for him and are bitter bc you had a bad experience. What blows my mind is that for those of you who are alumni you are constantly bashing your own baseball program. Who does that? Aren't you proud of the school you attended and the baseball team that you played on? I understand not liking a coach, but for the three years I have read comments on this forum about him from you guys nothing has been done to change the situation. Quit complaining about it and finally do something about it if you want it to change. There are some of us on here who would like to read positive things every once in a while, otherwise call this site terrierfanshatethebaseballprogram.com. What all of you fail to see is how much the players have matured in the last few years. That doesn't come from them doing it on there own, that comes from the coach. I wholeheartedly agree that Coach I sticks his hands in games sometimes when he shouldn't, but when it comes to helping the guys grow into men I think he has done a great job. He has done as much as he can with the resources given to him and with those resources he has produced the best record he could. Instead of bashing him on here how about as an alum of the school you do all you can to help this program. Quit talking and show some initiative to make this program what you want it to be.

just fyi since apparently you have to qualify yourself on here to be able to have an opinion. I know baseball, played for a national championship team in 2004 and I also have very close knowledge of the goings on of this team. They are great guys and it's sad that either their own fans or alums are constantly putting down this program. I know as a player who believes in their coach and knows he will do anything for them, that negativity can only bring a program down. Wofford is a beautiful place with great people and for their own to be bashing a program is simply sad.
shortstop02

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Mr. Shortstop:

1) I, as ONE INDIVIDUAL, can't do anything about the baseball program on my own...it is ridiculous to think that I as ONE INDIVDUAL or even a whole group of fans for that matter can do anything to make Wofford change coaches. Most people realize the wrong guy was hired, but geez, fans really can't help that. If I had the money I would fund Wofford's baseball program with more scholorships, but alas I do not.

2) You are right about one thing...Wofford IS a beautiful place with some great people , but this baseball program DESERVES some criticism...we have not had a winning season at all as a D-1 program, and really zero success outside of the 2007 SoCon tournament. It is very difficult to put a positive spin on so much losing for the last 15+ years. When it comes right down to it, the success of a program has to be measured in wins and losses on the field.

3) I myself or people like me do not make this program a "minnow"- poor decision making and poor fundamental baseball, much of which is a result of POOR COACHING- is what dooms Wofford to baseball failure.

4) I will gladly, just for you, go up to the dugout and tell "Coach" to his face that he sucks if that will make you feel better. Not that it will help the team or the program anyor that anything positive at all will come from it , but I'll tell him for you if you really want me to.

5) The players do indeed work hard, but all their accomplishments have been made on their own in spite of the coaching, not due to it. I still can't believe we had a very successful alum in Tim Wallace in our laps begging for the chance to turn our program around and we inexplicably went with some young UNC-Asheville dude instead...I still think some people must have been suffering from some major brain farts the day that decision was made.

6) To sum it all up, I am very proud of Wofford as a whole, but I am not very proud of what is happening on the baseball diamond...but there is not much I can do about it myself...the WOFFORD ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT has got to decide that baseball matters to them and take the necessary drastic steps to make it better.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Natural on Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Shortstop02...VERY well said.
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu May 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Until I start seeing some acceptable results on the diamond, I will continue to be critical of the baseball program and no one can stop me. This is America and I have the freedom of speech. I'll be back to say more after Georgia Southern is through licking us like my granny used to lick me with the hickory stick when I'd sass her. The great thing about this message board is that at least if we have to do all this losing, I can have a little fun with it...I think you know I love to get the Coach I lovers and the ones who are constantly defending the mediocrity on the field riled up! Beacuse THEY are part of the problem...they just meekly accept status quo and send the message that it is okay with them if Wofford continues to stink it up and finish last or close to it every single year! I'm out- for now- back to the grind. See you later, alligator...after while, crocodile...pretty soon, baboon! I know, I'm having too much fun now...but this is a nice break from dealing with all that radioactive material! :D
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Fri May 06, 2011 7:35 am

woffordgrad94 wrote:Mr. Shortstop:

1) I, as ONE INDIVIDUAL, can't do anything about the baseball program on my own...it is ridiculous to think that I as ONE INDIVDUAL or even a whole group of fans for that matter can do anything to make Wofford change coaches. Most people realize the wrong guy was hired, but geez, fans really can't help that. If I had the money I would fund Wofford's baseball program with more scholorships, but alas I do not.

2) You are right about one thing...Wofford IS a beautiful place with some great people , but this baseball program DESERVES some criticism...we have not had a winning season at all as a D-1 program, and really zero success outside of the 2007 SoCon tournament. It is very difficult to put a positive spin on so much losing for the last 15+ years. When it comes right down to it, the success of a program has to be measured in wins and losses on the field.

3) I myself or people like me do not make this program a "minnow"- poor decision making and poor fundamental baseball, much of which is a result of POOR COACHING- is what dooms Wofford to baseball failure.

4) I will gladly, just for you, go up to the dugout and tell "Coach" to his face that he sucks if that will make you feel better. Not that it will help the team or the program anyor that anything positive at all will come from it , but I'll tell him for you if you really want me to.

5) The players do indeed work hard, but all their accomplishments have been made on their own in spite of the coaching, not due to it. I still can't believe we had a very successful alum in Tim Wallace in our laps begging for the chance to turn our program around and we inexplicably went with some young UNC-Asheville dude instead...I still think some people must have been suffering from some major brain farts the day that decision was made.

6) To sum it all up, I am very proud of Wofford as a whole, but I am not very proud of what is happening on the baseball diamond...but there is not much I can do about it myself...the WOFFORD ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT has got to decide that baseball matters to them and take the necessary drastic steps to make it better.

Coach I, are you really supposed to be posting on here?
BossTerrier

Postby woffordgrad94 on Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That's very rich, very rich indeed, sir. Hey, if I WAS Coach I, I'd fire myself on the spot right now.

Are we ready for the might Eagles 'cause they are ready for us!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 am

woffordgrad94 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That's very rich, very rich indeed, sir. Hey, if I WAS Coach I, I'd fire myself on the spot right now.

Are we ready for the might Eagles 'cause they are ready for us!

This is true...i thought it was funny when i posted!

For the record, I am a president level Terrier club supporter, and have been for years. It's time for any other letter of the alphabet, Coach Z, Coach A, Coach X, whatever. But bye bye Coach I.

I've gotten to where I don't even pay attention to our performance, when we lose by 20+ runs, it's hard to get excited.

Sorry, not complaining, just fed up with losing. And losing bad.
BossTerrier

Postby Natural on Sat May 07, 2011 12:55 am

Terriers defeat GSU 7-2 in Statesboro. [-X
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat May 07, 2011 7:26 am

Great start to the weekend!!!!! Way to go Dogs!!!!!!
It doesn't get any better than beating the Iggles in the 'Boro in any sport.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat May 07, 2011 8:11 am

Natural wrote:Terriers defeat GSU 7-2 in Statesboro. [-X

Good for them! Congrats to the team...I am glad to be wrong and I am not rooting against the team by any means. This winning just happens way too unfrequently for my taste.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Baseball