Say something nice about Wofford baseball

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Say something nice about Wofford baseball

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:05 pm

With all the negativity, I think we should also have a thread that's nothing but positive. So here goes...

The stadium and field are very nice...a great place to watch a game and while away a few hours

Some of the players are putting in a lot of hard work to improve thier personal games and the team as a whole
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Say something nice about Wofford baseball

Postby DiamondTerrier on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:15 pm

You are so right WoffordGrad. We do need a positive thread. Our guys are working hard and they seem to genuinely like each other and enjoy playing the game together. They are forming a bond together that will last a lifetime. No one wants to win more than the players. Lets get out and give them the support they deserve. GO TERRIERS!!!
DiamondTerrier

Postby fgs44 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:13 pm

The baseball program is making huge strides through the efforts of the players, coaches, administration, fans, and Terrier Club. Thanks to the commitment of many, including Russell King, we have a wonderful on-- campus baseball facility that did not exist a few short years ago. The atmosphere is great, and the interest has risen. The Wofford baseball program has gained notoriety beyond just the immediate area and the state of South Carolina. When, and as, we increase scholarship funding, the level of competitiveness will increase dramatically. I believe that we will soon be a consistent winner on the diamond, and compete for championships. If you want to see a small private school, with great academics, set the example for excellence in baseball, you need to look no further than Rice University. It can be done, and knowing the people at Wofford, I believe it will be done!
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby BGTerrier on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm not sure Rice is a good example, since their claim to fame is their baseball program. They're not behind football and basketball for funding.

Hands down the best part about Wofford baseball is the players. The guys I played with at Wofford made my baseball experience an enjoyable one. Without the great guys on the team, my Wofford baseball experience would have ended early.
BGTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Good point BG...there are few better or longer-lasting experiences for young men that athletic comaraderie.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby The_Eagles_Cliff on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Those who are able might think about a weekend getaway for the May 6-8 series between the Terriers and Eagles in the 'Boro. Game times are 7, 2:30, 1:30. JI Clements is a great facility and you could check out Savannah Saturday night or choose from a number of good eats in the 'Boro. We try to make at least one away baseball game each year (usually Charleston) and have found the pace to be relaxing as compared to a football weekend.

Cheering for your team on the road is about as nice as it gets ;)
The_Eagles_Cliff

Return to Baseball