It has started again...

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

It has started again...

Postby DiamondTerrier on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:28 pm

The tongue lashing and verbal assalts has started again by the coach. It started after we starting losing a few games. It came to a head this week when DR got picked off first with bases loaded and got called out and raked over the coals in front of the team. Word is the new assistants were very displeased with this happening. They are the two that command the respect from the players that a coach should. If it wasn't for Coach Disher there is no telling where our pitching staff would be. He is the one who is helping and is working with our pitchers behind the scenes. Now if he could only call the pitches we would be a lot better off. The pitch calls have been horrendous! It about cost us the Upstate game. A game we should have won easily. Pitching coach doesn't have a clue. The new assistants have kept our coach fairly low key up to now. This behavior has to change. This isn't the impression these young men should have of their Wofford baseball experience. It's hard to have Pride when you are continuously being treated the way they have for the last few years. Our administration should take a stance and instill Pride in ALL of our athletic programs. Ever wonder why this doesn't happen in our Football and Basketball programs? It's called Character!!!
DiamondTerrier

Re: It has started again...

Postby american gentleman on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:14 pm

rew"I"nd and play .... same song
american gentleman

Postby bigdogbarking on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:52 am

American Gentleman, I am now sick of that song and I think I want to hear a new one.
bigdogbarking

Postby BGTerrier on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 am

So much for the "changes" Coach I has apparently made. I witnessed the verbal accosting last year, and was disgusted with what I saw. There is a time and place to get on a player, and also a right and wrong way to do it. I have no problem with a coach getting on a player for mistakes, but berating a player in front of the everyone is inexcusable and should not be tolerated. It's too bad someone doesn't chew out Coach I for the garbage job he's given Wofford in his 3+ years as head coach.
BGTerrier

Postby brknprk on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Elon gets out the broom today. Our Terriers are nearly half way into SOCON play this year. Where do we stand? Dead last, looking up from the cellar. Year after year, we all debate the reasons why. Inept, ineffective, inconsistent, immature, and illusional are all reasons that prove there will never be an "I" in team success at Wofford. I'm sure the seniors are starting to look forward to graduation (just as players from the previous three years have).
brknprk

Return to Baseball