freshan recruit

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

freshan recruit

Postby american gentleman on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Can anyone tell me what happened to the highly rated recruit we had that is not on the roster anymore and what happened with the scholarship money that was given to him?
american gentleman

Re: freshan recruit

Postby dialing8 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Blew out his elbow in the summer before he showed up on campus and was doing rehab. He slipped out of school in the middle of the night without saying goodby to anyone. Kind of like when The Colts left Baltimore decades ago!!
dialing8

Postby BGTerrier on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 am

Rather strange situation, especially since he was touted as the best recruit to ever sign with Wofford.
BGTerrier

Postby american gentleman on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 am

Does that mean scholarship he received / was to receive was practically wasted ? That is a shame if the case.
Last edited by american gentleman on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
american gentleman

Postby BGTerrier on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Coming from Texas and being a top recruit, I would assume he received scholarship money. I don't know if money can be reallocated in a situation like this, but his scholarship money should be available for next year.
BGTerrier

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

dialing8 wrote:Blew out his elbow in the summer before he showed up on campus and was doing rehab. He slipped out of school in the middle of the night without saying goodby to anyone. Kind of like when The Colts left Baltimore decades ago!!

Doesn't sound like the kind of guy we want at Wofford anyway...his actions show no character and no respect.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Natural on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm

The young man did not handle it well but it is my understanding his family was having financial difficulties.
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Postby MarshHall on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:51 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:
Doesn't sound like the kind of guy we want at Wofford anyway...his actions show no character and no respect.

Please don't bash this kid when you have no idea what his situation is. Not really fair to publicly comment on a situation when your "source" is an online forum.
MarshHall

Return to Baseball