Same old song and dance..again

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Same old song and dance..again

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:48 pm

Well, it looks like my previous optimism concerning this women's basketball program was a bit premature. I really had hope that this would be a program that would be competitive in the SoCon this year. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Wrong answer!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:32 pm

It's not all bad... the Terriers lost to 2 of the top 4 preseason teams in the conference. There's still some hope I guess.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby chattanoogamocs on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:29 am

Hard to say "Same old song and dance..again" when just a couple of years ago they had one of the longest losing streaks in NCAA history.

True, the Lady Mocs game was ugly, but this Wofford team looks much better than the last few...and this is as strong a SoCon field as I have see (currently there are 4 top 100 RPI teams, and the conference is currently ranked 13th)...so this is a tough year to make big improvements.

Wofford currently has an RPI of 148....that is 172 places better than their 315 last year....(and 314 the year before that, and 317 before that).

Personally, I think Farmer is doing a great job with limited resources.
www.mocfans.com, the Chattanooga Mocs Fan Website + SoConFans.com
chattanoogamocs
Junior Terrier

Postby GoldandBlack on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:33 am

Thanks for the kind words, chattanoogamocs.

Personally, I think Farmer is doing a great job with limited resources.

Limited resources continues to come up in our discussions of all sports, and seems to me to be a major factor.

Let's face it, folks, it's all about money, and we don't have as much of it to spend as the larger schools in the SoCon. They have more alumni and are located in larger markets than Spartanburg, all of which makes a difference.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
~Will Rogers
GoldandBlack
True Terrier Fan

Return to Women's Basketball