Early Signees

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Early Signees

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:50 pm

Here's the early signees for baseball. I included perfect game evaluations where one existed unless otherwise noted. Nice looking class.

Drew Sheridan P Charleston, S.C. (Wando)
Jake Williams OF Greer, S.C. (Riverside)

Josh McKinney IF Ooltewah, Tenn. (The McCallie School)
Joshua McKinney is a 5-11, 170 lb '07 third baseman from Tennessee. 7.03 running speed, 84 mph arm strength, athletic body, good overall defensive actions, swings the bat well, top level power potential, good bat speed, good game swings, pitched and threw an 81 mph FB, 64 mph CB, good arm speed, outstanding student. Top Prospect Game.

Scott Summers P Carefree, Ariz. (Scottsdale CC)
Freshmen stats
38.67 ip
12 walks
44 strikeouts
7 earned runs
3-5 record 1 save

Alex Lee IF Auburndale, Mass. (Newton North)
Alex Lee is a 2007 MIF from Newton North HS in Newton, Massachusetts, with a 5'9"/155 pound frame. Small frame, centers ball well, high hands, light on feet, strong accurate arm, good carry, 82 across infield, good hands, solid defensively.

Joe O'Hagan C Carmel, N.Y. (Fordham Prep)
Joseph O'Hagan is a 2007 C/1B from Fordham Prep, residing in Carmel, New York, with a solid 6'0"/185 pound frame. Hits from a slightly open stance, relaxed approach, aggressive hitter, solid swing, moves well behind the plate, solid release at 70 mph, consistent 2.20 pop time, solid receiving skills, excellent student.

Peter Noordsy P Glen Falls, N.Y. (Glen Falls)
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:33 pm

what's up with all the jucos and yankees to boot?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:21 pm

That seems to be Traylor's preference...Let's see if we can win more than 20 games this year
BossTerrier

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:25 pm

If we don't, I believe a change of pace is in order.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Yankees

Postby glehr on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:58 pm

The best baseball players that Wofford has seen are Yankees...the #1 pitcher for the last 4 yrs is a Yankee...he's from Massachusets to..
glehr

Re: Yankees

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:09 pm

glehr wrote:The best baseball players that Wofford has seen are Yankees...the #1 pitcher for the last 4 yrs is a Yankee...he's from Massachusets to..

Redwine was the #1 starter last year. Cole was injured before the season. The pitching injuries were impossible to overcome last year. Sadly, that seems to be a recurring theme in Wofford athletics though.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby glehr on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:31 pm

I couldn't agree with you more that the injuries were just too much to overcome. Cole was going to be the #1 and varataranian the #3 but I guess they both got hurt. I also saw that a bunch of the everyday players got injured to (another yankee who played the OF two yrs ago got hurt and the starting shortstop who broke the HR record too). It's tough to compete with all those injuries.
glehr

Postby Ruckus on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:23 pm

i really think this is a strength and conditioning issue that would be improved by a real honest to goodness S and C coach/program. All it takes is money, right?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Re: Yankees

Postby Growler on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:30 pm

glehr wrote:The best baseball players that Wofford has seen are Yankees...the #1 pitcher for the last 4 yrs is a Yankee...he's from Massachusets to..

I think this forum needs spellcheck, more than it needs armchair coaches!
Growler

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:04 am

Ruckus wrote:i really think this is a strength and conditioning issue that would be improved by a real honest to goodness S and C coach/program. All it takes is money, right?

I agree 100%. Wofford seems to have way more than it's fair share of major injuries in football, basketball and baseball. We either need a major upgrade in S&C or perhaps consider turning to "the Dark Arts" to ward off injuries.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball