SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Article on future Terrier Noah Dahlman

Postby BestOfBreed on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:55 pm

http://www.isanticountynews.com/2006/No ... 11.29.html
After Div. I commitment, Noah Dahlman set for ‘07 season
By Greg Hunt
greg.hunt@ecm-inc.com

Braham senior Noah Dahlman enjoyed a fantastic football season as an end, gathering in 16 touchdowns and 852 receiving yards, along with wrapping up 51 tackles and two sacks from his D-End position. His all-around athletic abilities will next be on display as the physical leader for the Bomber boys basketball team in defense of its three straight State titles.

In between the two seasons, Dahlman signed on to play Division I basketball at Wofford College in South Carolina. The smaller, homier setting helped seal the deal with the Terriers.

“During my visit there this last fall, I loved the feel of the campus, and the people there were unbelievable,” he described. “It kind of reminded me of Braham since it was a smaller city and you got to know the faces so quickly.”

Wofford head coach Mike Young is in his 18th year at the college, the last five spent leading the men’s program.

“Coach Young is a real laid-back guy and made a great impression on me,” said Dahlman.

The Terriers are off to a 4-3 start this season, including posting a 91-90 non-conference win over Cincinnati.

“They are a really young team, so I feel like I will be able to contribute right away,” said Dahlman. “They signed several guards last year, so they were looking for front-line help this recruiting year.”

“We had to beat a bunch of people to get Noah,” noted Coach Young after the November signing date. “He’s a Big 10 (caliber) football player and he is huge, at 6’6”, 235. He’ll play a lot of small forward and power forward for us.”

Also signed on at Wofford College this November is 6’8” forward Drew Crowell of Charleston, S.C. The team will lose three seniors after this season.

Wofford College is located in Spartanburg (population 40,000) which is found at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The city is four hours from Charleston and five hours from Myrtle Beach, but only 69 miles from Charlotte, N.C.

Dahlman is the leading rebounder in Bomber boys basketball history with 860. He set the team record for rebounds in a season with 337 last year. He is second all-time in career points with 1,571 after averaging 19.5 ppg last season. Also in ‘06, Dahlman had 116 assists and 107 steals.

This past summer, Dahlman was named MVP for the Pullman Panthers elite squad during its European tour. He said it was a very enjoyable experience which furthered his growth as a player.

The Bombers will open this season Tuesday, Dec. 5 at Pine City (7:30 p.m.). BIG games will follow with road trips to Hopkins Dec. 9 (8 p.m.) and top subsection rival Pierz Dec. 12 (7:30 p.m.). The team’s first home game will be Dec. 14 versus Isle.

“I’m just looking to improve at everything,” said Dahlman on his personal approach to his final season at Braham. “Hopefully, we will gel together as a team. It will definitely be different out there as we accustomed to different roles.”

Looking at the tough opening schedule, he added, “We’re real excited to play Hopkins who should be one of the best high school teams we ever faced. The game at Pierz will be a great test, too.”
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Return to Men's Basketball