Official web site

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Official web site

Postby Rowdy on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:53 pm

I was just looking at the Wofford web site for basketball, "schedule/results", and it isn't updated for the win over Jacksonville State. This is Sunday, 6:45 PM, 20 hours after the game. What do we need to do to get up-to-date information from the official Wofford web site? Yes, they had a story on the win, but would it not follow that the person in charge of doing the story also update the results? A casual observer, or one interested in the college, might go directly to the results page to see what's happening in athletics. That interested person could be put off by a web site that's not up-to-date. The web site is nothing but marketing. We are failing at that challenge!
Rowdy

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:32 pm

Sad to say, but this is the current state of things and I doubt anything changes anytime soon.

Wofford administration seems to feel that we must be getting all the information we could want from a combination of: the 1-2 pages devoted to sports in the quarterly alumni newspaper, the Herald-Journal and the opposing teams website.

There is no excuse for the lack of information existing about almost every aspect of Wofford College. I know we generally try to keep things positive here, but this is the way things are. I am sure that people in charge of these tasks are good people, that they are trying as hard as they can, and they are working with limited resources, but seriously.

To be interested in something is to want information about it. Lack of information = lack of interest = lack of attendence and participation = lack of giving. I'm sorry if this sonuds "rantish" but for a school that does almost everything it does very well, it is difficult to reason why they market their athletics so poorly.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 pm

The football Gameday Central has been changed to Hoops Central now. Looks like an improvement.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:12 pm

BestOfBreed wrote:The football Gameday Central has been changed to Hoops Central now. Looks like an improvement.

Progress, but it's still August 22 as far as "This Day in Terrier Athletics History" is concerned.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball