NEW COACH NAMED

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

NEW COACH NAMED

Postby wocogoose94 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:42 pm

But it the article doesn't say what his responsibilities will be....

http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2010/ ... 01206.aspx
wocogoose94

Re: NEW COACH NAMED

Postby BGTerrier on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Too bad this doesn't say new HEAD coach named. I feel really bad for the returning players and incoming players that have to deal with another year under Coach I. We can expect another year of sub-par pitching, average hitting, and a finish at the bottom of the conference. When is the administration going to come to their senses and make a change?
BGTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby Natural on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence for your former teammates BG. I'm sure they appreciate it. Let go of your bitterness and you'll be a lot happier.
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Postby BGTerrier on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:24 pm

I have a lot of confidence in my former teammates, it's the coaching staff that I have zero confidence in. They've dropped the ball for three years and I don't see why anything would change next year. I really feel sorry for the guys who have to continue to play for coaches who can't get the job done.
BGTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby BossTerrier on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:00 pm

looks like he'll fit right in, led his team to a 6-26 record last year. Way to bring in a winner.
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 am

Is this really where our baseball program is?

After a really bad initial reaction on my part, I've been trying to give our head coach the beenfit of the doubt for over a year now. I'll be the first to tell you that I know nothing about leading a baseball program, but coupling the apparent on-the-field mental lapses that have little to do with talent and a lot to do with coaching with the suspect hire of this variety plus the convoluted so-called "national search" that set all this in motion in the first place and I have seen about enough and can no longer see any justification for retaining Coach Interdonato.

True, the level of the hire was probably dictated by budget (or lack thereof), but still. You can't tell me there isn't a young coach starting out somewhere closer to home and I won't believe that a serious search yielded no candidates with more successful experience.

So, I'll come out and ask the questions many of us have wanted to ask:

How did Interdonato get this job in the first place?
Why does he still have it?
What inspires the blind loyalty that some have in spite of all the negative indicators surrounding the program?
Does he have some incriminating evidence on someone that trumps the bad state of the program? (OK, that one's a joke, but seriously...)
When will Wofford's athletic administration finally call and end to this madness?

I realize that my feelings on this subject doesn't amount to much over on North Church Street, but what do you say when presented with this situation. So, for what it's worth, this particular member of the Terrier Nation (card carrying and money donating) sees no other suitable course of action than the immediate dismissal of the head baseball coach.

I really feel for the players the most. They came to Wofford just wanting an education and a chance to play ball. They committed to the Terriers and this is what Wofford gave them? My heart goes out to all of them. Maybe, just maybe, someone with some authority at Wofford will give our players a chance to move past this and get them some real leadership to move forward. I can take the losing, I just can't take all the rest of the junk that's swirling around here.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BGTerrier on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

In fairness to the new coach just hired, he did start the program at Newbury College just a few years ago,so looking at his W-L record is not really indicative of the kind of coach he is. I do question the search process and why we couldn't get someone closer to home. Regardless of the qualifications of this man, the success of Wofford baseball starts and ends with the leadership of the head coach. In this case, there is no leadership from the head coach. It's hard to run a successful program when NONE of the players respect any of the coaches, let alone the head coach. While making minor adjustments over the past three years, Coach I refused to change his mindset and attitude. There will be no success for Wofford baseball until Coach I is removed. He clearly doesn't get it, and Wofford will continue to suffer until the administration decides to make a change.
BGTerrier
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 am

A coach (and any leader) does not have to be liked (though most good ones are), but he has to be respected by most of those whom he leads. Whether this one is respected by those he leads, I have no knowledge about, but it should not be too hard to find out. As said earlier, leadership makes a huge difference in any environment.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball