NCAA Pitching Stats

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: NCAA Pitching Stats

Postby johnd7 on Sat May 15, 2010 9:39 am

blitz we have the number 2,3,and 5 hitters in the socon yet our team batting avg. number 9 how in the hell are you going to win games scoring 2 to 6 runs in the socon with our defense
johnd7

Postby dungeonjoe on Wed May 26, 2010 9:24 pm

I think the Citadel has 5 or 6 scholliies and the military school obstacle. Yet. they consistently contend for the baseball title. Why them and not us if we are close in our programs?
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Wed May 26, 2010 10:05 pm

dungeonjoe wrote:I think the Citadel has 5 or 6 scholliies and the military school obstacle. Yet. they consistently contend for the baseball title. Why them and not us if we are close in our programs?

So far as I see it, the difference is expectation. The Citadel fans expect to be good in baseball and Wofford fans expect to excuses. When Wofford starts to favor winning over just fielding a team and saying stuff like "Aww shucks, we sure did try hard" then you might see a change. In the meantime, I see little change on the horizon.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby dialing8 on Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 pm

The Citadel does not have 5-6 scholarships. Bad information here. I know a guy that played for them when they were pretty good about 20 years ago. he told me they were fully funded. Maybe he is wrong, but he is friends with the coaches so I have to guess he knows what he is talking about.
Be I do expect more from the program. I was so disappointed in losing a 4 game lead with 6 to play.
It sucked!!
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby blitz4 on Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 am

Dialing8,

I hate to say it, but WE TOLD YOU SO! Please admit there is a huge problem, besides your scholarship excuse!
blitz4

Postby johnd7 on Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 am

hey blitz not only pitching but the fielding was awfull 2nd and ss had awfull yrs not to mention they could not hit i think over 25 errs
johnd7

Postby GoDawgs on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 pm

dialing8 wrote:
wocogoose94 wrote:There is a new rule in college baseball that either started this year or last. Before the new rule, a kid could get an athletic schollie equal to less that 25% of a full schollie. Basically you could spread the money among more individuals by giving any percentage of a schollie. Now, if a kid gets an athletic schollie for baseball, they have to get an amount equivalent to at least 25% of a full schollie.

For argument's sake, if Wofford has 5 schollies for baseball, the maximum number of players that the equivalent schollie money can be spread among is 20.

First of all Wofford does not have 5. Then consider that pitchers demand more than 25%. Why shouldn't they. The teams with the money offer 50+ %.

I'm not sure if you think pitchers at Wofford are getting 25% or if you mean that happens with other programs, but as a former player I only knew of 3 pitchers (not including two way players) to have 25%+ over the span of my 4 year career. Money was slighted more toward position players during my time which was reflected in results and performance.
GoDawgs

Postby johnd7 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 am

soccor has more money than baseball,and wofford has the least money in the whole southern conference. If you don't think that makes a differnce then you are on meth
johnd7

Postby wocogoose94 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Is there any concrete evidence to support this claim that Wofford has fewer schollies than any other SOCON school? Can you definitively show how many schollies each SOCON team has?

Also, how many schollies does the soccer program have? Men's soccer program? Women's soccer program?
wocogoose94

Postby johnd7 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:57 am

a person in the athletic department todd me that mens soccor has one more fully funded sch than baseball. the citadel is fully funded 11.7 as well as most of the schools are. i believie furman has 7 and davidson can get whoever they want with the money they have. kind of funny the top three or seven schools in the confernce are fully funded
johnd7

Postby dialing8 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:43 pm

johnd7 wrote:a person in the athletic department todd me that mens soccor has one more fully funded sch than baseball. the citadel is fully funded 11.7 as well as most of the schools are. i believie furman has 7 and davidson can get whoever they want with the money they have. kind of funny the top three or seven schools in the confernce are fully funded

Same Info i obtained.
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocogoose94 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:57 pm

One possible reason soccer has more schollies is because the donors earmarked their contribution specifically for the soccer team and not to the Terrier Club in general to use at their discretion.
wocogoose94

Previous

Return to Baseball