Is the door closed on KJ?

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Is the door closed on KJ?

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:36 pm

This may be a redundant question or be dredging up a touchy subject, but is there any information out there on whether Kevious Johnson enrolled this fall to try to become eligible for next year?

I know they assigned his #20 to Aaron Moody, but that's not always a clear indication. I had heard during the summer that no decisions on this matter had been made, but I would imagine that by now someone knows something.

Sure would be nice to see him in Old Gold and Black next fall.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:04 am

The only news I've heard or seen is off his high school football team's webpage. We shall see if it's true. I certainly hope it is. In a story about former players they have this blurb (date 9/29/05):

Updates on some former Canes playing college ball...
MIKE KITCHENS - 9/29/05

"...Kevious Johnson is not playing this fall at Wofford, he's reportedly planning to return next year to resume his academic and athletic careers."
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby fgs44 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:20 am

I asked that question early in the year to someone in the know. The reply was that it is up to KJ. People think a lot of this guy, not just as a football player, but as a person. I think the odds are that he will be back for the second semester, participate in spring practice, and get himself eligible for next fall. I think that Coach Ayers has taken a personal interest in helping him deal with this set-back.
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:41 am

fgs44 wrote:I think that Coach Ayers has taken a personal interest in helping him deal with this set-back.

Glad to hear there is at least a chance he will return. I think your statement about Coach Ayers and his mindset is true and says a lot about both Wofford as a school and its football program.

During my days as a student I was close friends with many football players and know that when problems and difficult times presented themselves personally, academically, and athletically, Coach Ayers and his staff were always there to help the guys any way they reasonably could.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football