Men's soccer recruiting?

Men's SoCon Regular Season Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Tournament Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Regulat Season Champs 2013

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Men's soccer recruiting?

Postby lawdog on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:21 am

We are losing about seven seniors. We also have about ten rising seniors, and some promising rising juniors. Does anyone know what our prospects (or results) are for signing new talent from the 2009 graduating hs class? We are in a promising place with this program, and some excellent new blood would really help.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocogoose94 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:32 am

Gotta assume there's not an individual on the planet that can answer that question.
wocogoose94

Postby lawdog on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:30 am

I suppose you mean that it is too early to know which hs players are going to which colleges.....probably commitments are made in the spring (I frankly do not know).
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby oldT-Dog on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:27 am

Talked to RP yesterday. He signed 5 student athletes on Wednesday. Sounds like a good class with some goal scoring talent. There should be something up on the website in the next day or two with details.

He was a little disappointed he did not get a GK, but he is hoping to get a great one to sign early for 2010. He is also very happy with Thomas Hunter and I think he has 1 or 2 GKs he is looking at as walk-ons next Fall.

I know on of the 5 is Blair Gaines of Huntsville, AL and another is Turner Almond of Shelby, NC.

Stay tuned...
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks....
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby oldT-Dog on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Here is a link to the news about new class:

http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2009/ ... 94328.aspx
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Looks like a good group. Some offensive firepower, which is what the team needs.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby oldT-Dog on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:02 am

I think RP is pretty happy with this class. The two kids on the Region III ODP team will have big time experience playing in that environment. RP thinks the kid from Atlanta, Nam has been a little overshadowed by the other players on his club team and will be a really great player at the next level.

I just hope nobody sends RJ a letter saying Polson cannot recruit bc he didn't sign anyone from the low country or the entire state of SC for that matter. Just kidding, but I couldn't resist 8) .
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dogg on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 am

Beat that drum all you like Old T-Doggie! I have forgotten more about futbol than you will ever learn. We all wanted RP, pushed for him and he is recruiting from this great State! Trust........

You do know where RP coached prior to Wofford , don't you? Maybe ignorance is bliss!

However, I could care less where you get your players as long as you win more than 0 games in the Socon per year. We got rid of someone we did not need and obtained someone who knows tactics and recruiting.

We beat Furman in soccer for the first time since the 80's. That is not bad for his first year based on what had taken place. To bad you did not do more when the program needed you. Our program was absolute crap...........Thank goodness we worked to make changes and were not scared to get involved :shock:

However, to be honest, I agree and the incoming players look to be good ones!
Last edited by T-Dogg on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
T-Dogg

Postby oldT-Dog on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Wow it took a while but I must have struck a nerve.:lol:

You are exactly right. The programs success certainly hinged on my involvement and I should have done more, I apologize to you and all of Terrier Nation.:lol:

I hope that you'll continue to stay involved, based on our past failure we certainly need your high level expertise, consistency and positive reinforcement.
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Men's soccer recruiting?

Postby T-Dogg on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:54 am

Don't hear that drum?? .....Two state coaches, the newest from the upstate as the head coach was from the lower state. Players from South Carolina that can make an impact................hummm This is not an"I told you so", you knew it was coming =D>
T-Dogg

Return to Soccer