Wofford vs. The Citadel

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Wofford vs. The Citadel

Postby dungeonjoe on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:27 am

Have the terriers given up or are they ready to play these guys from Charleston? Better yet, have you as a Terrier fan given up on football for 2005?
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:14 am

It was good to see The Citadel have trouble with the option last week. It's going to be a tough game though. I think if we win out we can still make the playoffs but that's a tall order at this point.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby woffwoff on Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:27 am

These young men will not give up. They played their hearts out to the end on Saturday and the Cit better prepare because the Terriers are coming to win.

GO TERRIERS!!!
woffwoff

Postby Sparklepup on Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:49 am

I know the players haven't given up. I know Ayers and the coaches will never give up. I certainly haven't given up and I'm sure most of the fans haven't given up either. Go Terriers.
Sparklepup

Postby terrierbob on Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 pm

I like the fact that we may have a 8-3 or 7-4 season and will be disappointed. Many programs playing in such a tough conference would be pleased. That's our winning attitude, though. If we had not been beaten by Chattanooga....
terrierbob

Postby fgs44 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:45 pm

No the Terriers have'nt given up---Mike Ayers and that entire coaching staff will not allow that kind of attitude to exist----Note that Bethay was still talking about how there is still a chance to win the conference, allbeit slim. The fact is we had some awfully big shoes to replace from the past several years, and our "potential" is still being counterbalanced with some inexperience. I expect us to win every game left on our schedule. Whether we will or not depends not just on our guys, but the efforts and execution from the "other guys". I think we are fully capable of pulling it off, and I have'nt given up. An 8/3 season with two conference losses is possible, and a huge building block for next year-----
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:15 pm

the interesting thing about this game is that the cit has a great front seven on D yet let GSU run wild option on them.. i think in sp'burg you get em...in charleston? iwill say the cit doesn't pass down the field that much and from your losses to chatt and app i am assuming pass D is a weakness?? i may be wrong - i am inferring from those scores...anyway, the cit O is basically short passes (backup QB) and running plays...they only threw deep on us once...ball control O...which is your forte' wears them out...the more i think about it the more i think woff takes this.,..good luck
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football