Lost by 25 to WCU

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Lost by 25 to WCU

Postby lawdog on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:41 am

We got blown out last night by 25 at home to an average WCU team....don't like the trend.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

They just aren't very good...accept it. They, like a lot of our other programs, just can't mount any kind of consistency in a tough mid-major conference like the SoCon. Edgar Farmer is a good coach, but he can only do so much. We just don't get as good of players as others- a lot of that is due to academics. This is a program that is in over its head.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby merrier terrier on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:29 pm

I think that Coach Farmer is a good coach and is working hard to build a winning program. I agree that not sacraficing academic standards for players adds a degree of difficulty to the recruiting process. However, that stated, he seems to have done well with his recent recruits. Mahogany Williams was Freshman of the year last season and April Moorhouse is playing well as the only 2008 signee. Coach Farmer's 2009 class seems to be a very strong one so, expect success to come to the Lady Terriers in the near future.
merrier terrier

Postby lawdog on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Make no mistake, I am pulling for them, and they have done some good things. On defense, some of their stats are pretty good. However, on offense they are getting worse each outing...sometimes atrocious. I don't want them to cultivate the blank look of losers who have given up....they are better than that.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 am

Keep trying to make those defensive statistics better.
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Noah Dahlman

Postby mjtorg on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Ladies coach should check with Noah about his two younger sisters playing basketball for Braham, Mn. Both are good students and have very good fundamentals with good family history. Hannah is a sophomore and has been starting since 8th Grade. Rebecca is an 8th Grader who starts and is the leading scorer. Both go about 5' 9" so have time to grow.
mjtorg

Return to Women's Basketball