Soccer team showing signs of improvement

Men's SoCon Regular Season Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Tournament Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Regulat Season Champs 2013

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Soccer team showing signs of improvement

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:09 pm

I think that slwoly but surely, some of Wofford's small sports are starting to come around and show a bit of improvement. That includes men's soccer. This program seems to be on the right track.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Soccer team showing signs of improvement

Postby Rowdy on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:44 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:I think that slwoly but surely, some of Wofford's small sports are starting to come around and show a bit of improvement. That includes men's soccer. This program seems to be on the right track.

I went to the Clemson game. Don't understand a frigging thing about Soccer, but the team seemed to be equal to Clemson's, and I understand Clemson has been a perennial top 10/20 team in this sport. Now why anyone cares, I'll never know.
Rowdy

Postby lawdog on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:27 pm

From what I have heard the team is in fact playing with more confidence and is playing everyone tougher; soccer is a mental sport, to a great extent, and we have improved. Also, I think the talent level is improving, and our new coach hopefully will continue that since he is very familiar with where to find high school players. What we really need is a good striker/scoring threat, because our defense is very solid.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Soccer