New Season

Men's SoCon Regular Season Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Tournament Champs - 2009
Men's SoCon Regulat Season Champs 2013

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

New Season

Postby 2007terrier on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Does anyone have any info on the upcoming season? This board has been quite for way to long.
Last edited by 2007terrier on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007terrier

Postby ReincarnatemeasDustinOrth on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:43 am

The guys looked alright vs wfu. Obviously the skill isnt on level with Wake but there were some promising things. Hopefully we can get some SOcon wins.
ReincarnatemeasDustinOrth

Obviously Overmatched

Postby oldT-Dog on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:49 am

Here is a link from WFU regarding the game:

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports ... 08aaa.html

We were obviously a bit overmatched playing the defending Nat. Champs and #1 ranked team in the country, but I think it was a great experience for the boys to play a team at that level. WFU plays Furman in an exhibition next so it will be interesting to see how they do. Furman is a preseason 20th in the national rankings I think.

I think it was great that Wofford participated in the Breast Cancer Fundraising effort that was part of the game by wearing the white jerseys with pink numbers. Hats off to Ralph P. for getting that together. I have heard that there are plans to hold their own Breast Cancer Fundraiser at a regular season game later this year where they will wear and raffle off these same jerseys.

They play an exhibition tomorrow against Anderson U. so I hope the result is a little different. I think they beat Anderson 4-0 last spring.

I think this site would have more comments posted if wofford.edu posted more news about the program. Obviously football is king but it is getting a little ridiculous. Other small schools with football programs have a majority of football news, but they do manage to generate a lot more info regarding the other Fall sports as well. A prospective student who plays soccer would look at the soccer section of the Wofford site (or any other Fall sport) right now and see that the last real news was posted on months ago.

I will be at both of the first 2 games. I think the PC game will be very interesting given Ralph P. spent 17 yrs. there as the head coach. I'll post more after next weekend.
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 pm

We appear to have a good bit of experience and, with a new coach to redirect it, we may well be improved. I know for a fact that some of our current players are talented.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:46 am

The ladies had a tough 1-0 loss on a late goal in their opener against NC State.....better luck next time. Sounds like we played well.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby 2007terrier on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Nice to see some chatter about our soccer programs. Hopefully this will be a great year for the terriers on the "pitch".
2007terrier

Postby oldT-Dog on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Nice write up in the Spartanburg paper on Ralph P. and the upcoming season. Looks like the players are really responding well!

I am hearing the kid from Brazil via Clemson is a great holding midfielder and he was released by them so he gets to play right away.

Does anyone know how they did in yesterdays exhibition against Anderson U?

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200808 ... ach_Polson
oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Postby 2007terrier on Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Well they played 3 - 30's and only scored one in the final period. Final score was 1-0. I believe it was Powell that scored. Threadgill and Beene did not play, but I think everyone else got in for awhile. Seems like the boys are pulling for each other and trying to play really hard. Looking forward to PC :)
2007terrier

Postby oldT-Dog on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:40 am

oldT-Dog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Soccer