New Greek Village

General Discussion

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

New Greek Village

Postby Cub on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:43 pm

For those of you on the board who were Greeks, what is your opinion of the new Greek Village project that came out this week?
Cub
Junior Terrier

Re: New Greek Village

Postby youngterrier on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 pm

As a current member of a Greek organization I like it, but at the same time I'm kind of disappointing that it looks like no one is going to have a house next year.

There is a vocal faction of the Greek community that doesn't like it, but I don't really find their objections to the layout of the houses valid. Granted, there are some problems, but they're not really drawn attention to.

It will certainly help our gameday atmosphere, both for basketball and football as the current row is out of the way of the stadium for tailgating. The new row will be right next to the football stadium, specifically by the tennis courts, and it doesn't look like it'll interfere with many parking areas. Not to mention it'll be closer to the new basketball arena.

Overall, the only problem I have is how fast it's being pushed with fundraising (each organization has 60 days to fundraise a total of $400,000 each, though the Kappa Alpha Order has already unsurprisingly gotten that amount and then some), and still simultaneously the official release says the houses will likely not be ready until the summer of 2016.

Wofford is going through a lot of changes and I'm personally really excited but disappointed I won't be a student when they happen. We have a great leader in President Samhat.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Off Topic Conversations