Feedback on Talkin' Terriers

General Discussion

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Feedback on Talkin' Terriers

Postby ARTerrier on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Hey guys, sorry to bother anyone...

I've been asking around with some of my readers on twitter, etc. how they're liking Talkin' Terriers so far, usually on a scale of one to ten...
If anyone would like to give me some feedback, what's good/what needs to improve, etc. I'd appreciate it.
If not, no problem.

As always, thanks for reading. I appreciate all the readership and support.

Thanks,
ar
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Re: Feedback on Talkin' Terriers

Postby BigJohn94 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 pm

I enjoy the readings. With no level of disrespect intended, for a high school sophomore/junior, your work is exceptional. Your writings are very well-thought out. You strive to bring interesting interviews. As you mature with your age and skills, your work will continue to improve and become even better. Remember, as a striving journalist, you will eventually write something with which someone will disagree. Don't let that bother you. You can't write to please people. You must write what you feel is correct, if an editorial or blog. If someone doesn't like it, it's your opinion versus theirs. If you were to corss the line on the board, someone will let you know. Keep doing what you're doing.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby dungeonjoe on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 pm

AR, it's getting close to football playing time, and people get a little more excited, a little more antsy, and a lot more defensive. You might be catching flak, I don't know. I hope you don't take any of it too seriously and let it spoil your joy. I admire you for standing up and writing and investigating and digging for the answers. You will hear people talk down to you because of your age, let them...Because you are twice as creative and resourceful as they were at your age. You will make mistakes...but mistakes on the internet won't kill you. Grow from them.

I like your column and your posts here. Keep it up. And when you are ready for letters of recommendation for admission to Wofford (or anywhere else but Furman), the line starts with me. I am sure there will be a half dozen more of us ready to write.
Keep up the good work.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:09 pm

AR, your writing is lucid and well organized. You do a great job of folding in different perspectives and media. You have a genuine gift and, most important, you are truly motivated to keep improving. I enjoy your work and find it thought provoking; keep it up.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:17 pm

ART I have enjoyed what I have read. I don't have any problem with your blog. As far as things to improve how about this. I am not sure if this is possible with a blog - to make it a little more interactive ? I saw where people can make comments about the articles but I am thinking of something different and more innovative than that. problem is that is about as much as I can say as I do not have anything specific in mind - nothing I can express in words that is. hope that helps.
Loyalterrier

Postby ARTerrier on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Thank you very much, to all four of you.

John and DungeonJoe, I appreciate the advice and kind words. Joe, especially appreciate the offer for letters of recommendation. I would never dream of going to Furman, so no worries on that.

Lawdog, appreciate your words as well. Thank you and all others for being especially supportive of all the articles I've posted on here.

Same with loyalterrier. As for the interactive aspects, I appreciate the suggestion and I will look into it, though on my current platform, my options are limited. Still appreciate it, though.

Y'all have no idea how much I appreciate and glean from your support and advice. A year ago, I never would have thought I'd be in the position I'm in now, with a few interviews and 78 total blog posts under my belt, nearly 200 twitter followers, and of course, the chance to be with several great fan groups, especially on this board. It's a small start, but it's amazing to me really. A year ago, I was listening to Mark and Thom on the broadcasts and hoped to one day have some association with Wofford, and now here I am, interviewing them and having fans actually reading what I have to say? God is great, guys, and He does work in mysterious ways. One of those was having me be a Wofford fan. If not for that, I wouldn't have been able to be a part of the best fan base in the nation.

Another big thanks to you four, and everyone else who I've had the pleasure to meet and discuss Terrier sports with, whether on this board or elsewhere.

Good night from one happy Terrier over here in Central time....
-AR
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Off Topic Conversations