Terriers vs. Terriers?

General Discussion

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Terriers vs. Terriers?

Postby lawdog on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 am

In our discussions about future opponents, I do not recall the possibility mentioned of playing the Boston University Terriers. They do not have a football team, but games in basketball, tennis or soccer, for example, would be interesting. BU is a solid academic school, it has a Methodist tradition, it is in the northeast urban environment where we could get some national ink, and BAHston would be an interesting place for our players to spend some time.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Terriers vs. Terriers?

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 pm

I'd love to see it. I was in Boston on business about 5 years ago and made sure to stop by and pick up a Terrier hat (of the Boston U variety). Anyone with a T-Dog as their mascot is OK in my book.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Lawdog & E.O.M. -

Would love to see the Terriers battle the Terriers.
Last men's hoops game in the Hub was against Boston College around 2000 or 2001. Though we lost, recall Coach Young was underwhelmed with the scene/reception at Chestnut Hill.
The volleyball team played in the Harvard Invitational a few years ago. Enjoyed watching the ladies play. Will never forget the TREES Michigan State had on their front line. Those Spartan ladies towered over the competition.
I've suggested to Richard Johnson that we schedule U of New Hampshire or Dartmouth College in football to expand our outreach - particularly in New England. Will continue to bang the drum... :P
Looking forward to seeing William McGirt play in the Fed Ex Cup Golf Playoffs at TPC-Boston during Labor Day weekend.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby walliver on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 pm

One interesting thing about BU is that they don't have a football team, but do have a marching band.

http://www.bu.edu/bands/marching-band/
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Return to Off Topic Conversations