Third in Conference, 2018-19

General Discussion

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Third in Conference, 2018-19

Postby lawdog on Thu May 30, 2019 11:56 am

This is big improvement. One reason is our major sports (football, basketball, and baseball) were quite successful. At least equally important, in my view, is that several other less major sports (women's basketball, volleyball, track, tennis, golf) are no longer awful; there is no excuse ... none ... for a minor sports team at Wofford with athletic schollies to be perennial doormats ... our student-athletes deserve a better experience than that, to go along with the top flight educations they are receiving. The school deserves more for its investment. I am looking for soccer, tennis, golf, and our other minor sports teams to continue to be competitive every year, and win conference championships some years.

https://woffordterriers.com/news/2019/5 ... dings.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Third in Conference, 2018-19

Postby walliver on Thu May 30, 2019 1:05 pm

When we moved from D2 to D1/FCS, I assumed like many that we would always struggle in football and men's basketball, and that any success we would have would be in olympic sports like golf and tennis. I have friends who opposed the move thinking we would never have another winning record in football. As we all know, things turned out quite the opposite.
I am proud of what we have accomplished in the major sports, but fail to see how we don't compete better at many of the others.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Re: Third in Conference, 2018-19

Postby Retiredterrier on Fri May 31, 2019 2:34 pm

2018 was a quite a year ! Hopefully many more to come

https://twitter.com/WoffordTerriers/sta ... 7126960128
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Off Topic Conversations