Head Baseball Coaching search

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby terriers on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:07 am

If the players initiated the lobbying, I don't see any problem.

Regardless, this national search has me extremely nervous. I just
hope we don't hire someone from Pocatello, Idaho with a Masters
Degree and leave Tim high and dry.

This, to me, is a pivotal time that will shape the future of our base-
ball program and I hope we don't botch it.
terriers

Postby t-dawgfever on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:58 am

terriers wrote:If the players initiated the lobbying, I don't see any problem.

Regardless, this national search has me extremely nervous. I just
hope we don't hire someone from Pocatello, Idaho with a Masters
Degree and leave Tim high and dry.

This, to me, is a pivotal time that will shape the future of our base-
ball program and I hope we don't botch it.

Terriers...it seems that a lot of people here share your sentiment. I was just wondering if everyone is calling Richard and telling him. It doesn't do much good for us to express ourselves in a chat room. But if all the people (in this thread alone) called in support of Tim, they would have to hear the message loud and clear. I know I have let my stance be known. Can't hurt. I also heard they had 3 interviews yesterday. If true, that sounds bad in my opinion. I have known other schools our size that spent an entire day with coaching candidates. I can't say I'm surprised however...
t-dawgfever

Postby terriers on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:36 pm

T-dawg, I E-mailed Richard and Mark Line at the very outset and have
called all the baseball-minded Wofford alums I know and urged them
to do likewise.

Since this is still dragging on, I'm going to follow up with a phone
call. If you share my sentiments, please urge your friends to do so.
terriers

Postby woco on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:51 pm

I agree that it's time the alums and friends on this board are heard. There are plenty of people reading the posts (1897 views) just not sure if anyone at Wofford is reading. I am going to make sure I am heard and not just hope someone is reading our comments.
Wofford is going to shoot themselves in the foot if they think some assistant can come in and do what Wallace can do...it has been impressive the support and coverage he has gotten from media and the community--throughout the state and region. I have heard from reliable sources...Tanner among many other well respected coaches and people have highly endorsed him to the committee...what else can they possibly want? There will be a great many disgruntled alums, former players, potential players, and people across the state if Wallace isn't hired...is wofford ready for that!
I'm going to make my contact today.
woco

Postby BossTerrier on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Before we just Crucify RJ, let's give the process time to play itself out. I think it is smart to interview several candidates, that way if we hire Wallace we can say we searched high and low and he still was the best candidate. I think interviewing others can help make Wallace the choice also.
BossTerrier

Postby dogs2727 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm

I agree completely with the fact that these posts need to make there way into the appropriate hands. People on the committee and especially Mark Line and Richard Johnson need to either get some phone calls or read these immediately.

If this college goes ahead and hires within and that certain coach fails; the administration needs to be held accountable. I have heard that there are plenty of people that want this job, and I would have to imagine that 99% of them are better qualified then the current assistant who they are looking at.

There have been rumblings that they have already brought two candidates in and may bring in some more in the next few weeks.

I will just sit back and wait like all the other people on this site and pray. If this "national" search ends with an in-house hire; I will not want to be around that campus. s&*t is going to hit the fan.
dogs2727

Postby Ruckus on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:09 am

let's give the process time to play itself out. I think it is smart to interview several candidates, that way if we hire Wallace we can say we searched high and low and he still was the best candidate. I think interviewing others can help make Wallace the choice also.

Boss, you hit the nail on the head. Patience, gentlemen, patience. It's called CYA. Keep the faith.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:10 am

3 coaching positions were filled yesterday:

Florida hired Clemson assistant Kevin O'Sullivan
Florida International hired Arizona St assistant Turtle Thomas
McNeese St hired former assistant Terry Burrows
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Rowdy on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:20 am

Does anyone know if Wallace is being considered for other head coach positions?
Rowdy

Postby terriereyes on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:30 am

Surely there are some intelligent Terrier fans around here! What is all this reporting "I've been told", or "I've heard..." , surely we have not sunk to that level of reporting for truth! These are probably the same folks that been visited by aliens!

The past coaching staff has not and will not suggest nor encourage players to go to "bat" for a current staff member to fill the coaching vacancy. Wanting to speculate about this or trash past/current coaches says nothing about his character, it speaks volumes about the character of the fans who yak about this stuff!
terriereyes

Postby Rowdy on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:50 pm

Well said terriereyes!
Rowdy

Postby TDOG21 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:57 pm

terriereyes wrote:Surely there are some intelligent Terrier fans around here! What is all this reporting "I've been told", or "I've heard..." , surely we have not sunk to that level of reporting for truth! These are probably the same folks that been visited by aliens!

The past coaching staff has not and will not suggest nor encourage players to go to "bat" for a current staff member to fill the coaching vacancy. Wanting to speculate about this or trash past/current coaches says nothing about his character, it speaks volumes about the character of the fans who yak about this stuff!

You have a very idealistic view of the past coach. My personal experiences have not been so idyllic and I would not be surprised if those rumors are in fact true. Furthermore, any news on the program whether rumor or speculation is fair game, nor does such information reflect on anyone's character.
TDOG21

Postby t-dawgfever on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Well said TDOG21. And let me assure you that it is not speculation about what the current head coach is doing. Trust me when I say I know of what I speak. I have more than 1 first hand account. I won't call people out, but I can promise these reports are true.
t-dawgfever

Postby cvlangford on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:04 pm

Hope the next coach works with improving the pitchers and hires a new pitching coach.Pitchers really can make or break the game.The pitching for 2007 was rough at times.
cvlangford

Postby woco on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:47 pm

Anybody know anymore on hiring a coach?
woco

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball