Head Baseball Coaching search

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

BOGUS POSTINGS TO SITE

Postby Diane Cole on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:53 pm

FYI - Be Aware of BOGUS POSTINGS - This Was NOT JC-18 & I should know!! Grow up and be who you really are & speak your own mind, not others!

This was posted by a FRAUD:

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruckus- Come on with that list of coaches...you basically named some of the best coaches of all time. How about young guys that work out well for a program or franchise ie. Joe Girardi. And also, when Joe Torre was hired by the Yankees he had never been successful anywhere else. When Cox was hired by the Braves he had never won anything. So it is easy to say that these coaches are successful but when they were hired, there were obviously better candidates on the market. And at NC State, Tanner started out as a graduate assistant.

Lets not forget that we are talking about a program that is basically starting to establish itself. This isn't the Yankees or Cal State Fullerton, this is a program that needs someone to be there for the long haul and build a program. Coach I is that type of person, someone that can use his youth and energy to grow with the program.

Also, the players are a good indication of how good a coach is. They are the ones that have to play for this guy and if they feel that he is the best choice, I believe that it should carry some weight.

-JC18
Diane Cole

Last Post Ever

Postby glehr on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:54 pm

A "bunch of 18-21 year old kids"?? "Coach I cheerleaders." That's how an avid poster on this forum refers to the young men who actually do the playing. Since I am not an 18-21 year old "kid" and since 1982 isn't "before my time", is anything that I say valid? Because if it is... I think I see what is going on here. The "kids" seem very comfortable with the aspect of Intradonardo being coach. They are also the ONLY one's who know what they are talking about on this forum! However, as you so clearly stated; it isn't about the "kids" now is it? I realized that's where this whole thing was going and stopped posting. I was arguing the wrong points! And you just proved it - this discussion or any discussion on here; is no longer about Wofford baseball team which consists of 18-21 yr olds. It's about those who have a different interest in this situation. Well, Ruckus and everyone else on here who can sit on their high purches and place judgement on these "kids" opinions and all that they've done and mark them as "flukes" - I will no longer post or read this absurd bickering. The "kids" may not have 45 years worth of "time = knowledge"; but they certaintly have gained mine and the true fans respect for the right reasons. And they can voice their opinion because they are the most knowledable of anyone on here and are on here for the RIGHT REASONS - not because my son didn't play as many innings or because "I never made it" or because when "Wofford was d2 it was better than they are now so I can talk down to them"). With that; I hope Wofford chooses a coach best for those "kids" not for those who seem to have a "right of" interest.

- And I'm not but I played with one of the best pitchers in Wofford history
glehr

Postby 2007SoConChamps on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Great points "glehr."

Let me apologize to "Diane Cole" for joking around on the forum by writing JC18. This is not anyone with the initials JC. I didn't realize that this forum was so serious and important and that is why I shot a joke at "JC."

-SF
2007SoConChamps

Postby Ruckus on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:45 pm

Glehr, please feel free to contact me offline. I would be happy to share my thoughts with you and perhaps we could discuss further.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Re: Last Post Ever

Postby BestOfBreed on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:06 pm

glehr wrote:A "bunch of 18-21 year old kids"?? "Coach I cheerleaders." That's how an avid poster on this forum refers to the young men who actually do the playing. Since I am not an 18-21 year old "kid" and since 1982 isn't "before my time", is anything that I say valid? Because if it is... I think I see what is going on here. The "kids" seem very comfortable with the aspect of Intradonardo being coach. They are also the ONLY one's who know what they are talking about on this forum! However, as you so clearly stated; it isn't about the "kids" now is it? I realized that's where this whole thing was going and stopped posting. I was arguing the wrong points! And you just proved it - this discussion or any discussion on here; is no longer about Wofford baseball team which consists of 18-21 yr olds. It's about those who have a different interest in this situation. Well, Ruckus and everyone else on here who can sit on their high purches and place judgement on these "kids" opinions and all that they've done and mark them as "flukes" - I will no longer post or read this absurd bickering. The "kids" may not have 45 years worth of "time = knowledge"; but they certaintly have gained mine and the true fans respect for the right reasons. And they can voice their opinion because they are the most knowledable of anyone on here and are on here for the RIGHT REASONS - not because my son didn't play as many innings or because "I never made it" or because when "Wofford was d2 it was better than they are now so I can talk down to them"). With that; I hope Wofford chooses a coach best for those "kids" not for those who seem to have a "right of" interest.

- And I'm not but I played with one of the best pitchers in Wofford history

IMO, the supporters for Interdonato who have come on this board haven't helped his cause much. I was indifferent as to who got hired until the last couple of days.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby Rowdy on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:30 pm

I don't think he will be starting over. He would actually be getting a program with a brand new beautiful stadium that has a long storied history with a lot success with dedicated and supportive alums but in recent years has struggled.

Ruckus, I'm just wondering where these supportive alums are. They aren't at the games unless you're referring to the 50 or so folks there. And 50 isn't that big a number. My guess is there are more folks on this forum that profess to be fans and supporters than folks who actually are.
Rowdy

Postby terriers on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:48 pm

Ruckus, I'm sorry you bore the brunt of this unanticipated onslaught.
I had no idea there was such passion for Coach I. Let me clear the air
on a few things.

I have wanted Tim Wallace to be our coach for several years now but
maybe I came on alittle strong. In no way did I intend to belittle Coach
I and these young men who won a Conference title. I have been a
Wofford fanatic since I was 12 and that has been 58 years ago. The
last thing I want to do is alienate ANY Wofford supporter. I applaud
these fellows and their coaches who won the So Con. The last thing
I'm doing is hiding behind a computor. I would love to meet any of
you fellows and talk Wofford. All I hear down here is USC and Clemson.
That is why I enjoy this forum.

I'm still pulling for Tim but wish the best for Coach I and the Terriers.
terriers

Postby Ruckus on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:56 am

Terriers, no worries. I think the tone and content of the "onslaught" speaks for itself and those who initiated it. I don't think you or I have anything clarify, qualify or apologize for (in fact, I think it should be the other way around). Some people have some serious issues and choose to personally accost others and use this board to air them. Whatever. It's their problem. I too will gladly meet or talk with anyone at any time about Woffford, my opinions, or my comments.
Against my better judgment, I will point out: 1) I do not think and have never said the SoCon title was a "fluke" but quite the contrary. IMO, the 9 or 10 everyday starters were probably the best Wofford has ever put on the field at one time and the tourney format was one where we could win by throwing our 2-3 best arms. I have been saying for a while we have a lot more talent than our record indicates. Which is why the selection of our new coach is critical. 2) Rowdy, you kill me. One minute you openly advocate the cessation of the baseball program and the next you chastise us for not attending games and then openly question our support and motives for Wofford and the team. You go to some games, GOOD FOR YOU! News flash: you aren't the only supporter of the program or the only one who gets to form an opinion on the state the program. Although I congratulate those who more regularly attend games than others, there are more ways to support Wofford and the team than going to a few games and buying a $5 ticket. Financial contribution and support are the most obvious but there are other important ways as well. You are ASSUMING that no one from this board is at the games but you don't know who anyone is. If that is not the case, tell me how many games I went to this year, where I sat, and what I look like. And then you have nerve to try to call me/us out on it???? I don't think that by going to few games (or giving the most money to the TC for that matter) gives one the the right to openly question the support and commitment, much less motives, of others. More importantly, I have and would never advocate the cessation of the baseball program.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:29 am

Wow! I skip checking the board for a couple days and an uprising begins. Arguments, personal attacks, fraudulent posts... Wofford must be hitting the big time because this is starting to look like the Georgia Southern board.

I understand the arguments for Interdonato and the ones for Wallace. Both have pluses to their candidacy and I think either would be an improvement over the recent situation.

I support Wallace based off experience, but that's not to say Interdonato might not be a better choice down the road. I just think Wallace is a safer choice right now.

The fact that nothing has happened yet probably means that either regrouping has had to take place after a rejection or possibly we are waiting to talk to someone whose team is still active or just finished up. I would hope that this will end in the next week or two so that the entire summer isn't lost for preparations for next year.

Lastly, while I support Wallace over Interdonato, I will support whoever the eventual coach is when selected. I would totally understand if Wallace wanted to stay at SMC, but I think he is the best choice for the first offer.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:32 am

Amen, Eyes. Thanks for your well reasoned and attack-free post.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Rowdy on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 pm

Rowdy, you kill me. One minute you openly advocate the cessation of the baseball program and the next you chastise us for not attending games and then openly question our support and motives for Wofford and the team.

Ruckus, I have never advocated the cessation of Wofford baseball. What I said is I would not shed a tear if every college stopped playing baseball including Wofford. That does not equal advocating we drop the program. It is only my feeling for the game. Simply put, I can take baseball or leave it. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. And yes I do chastise folks for not going to the games. If baseball was such a popular sport as many of you posters passionately say, the stands would be full. When I see 50 folks in the stands, I have to wonder where the support really is for baseball. And its not just Wofford. I feel sure most every program is experiencing the same lack of in person support. So folks prove me wrong. Go to the games (and Ruckus this isn't aimed at you. i don't know you or what you look like. I just know I don't see many fans at the games and I see quite a few posts on this forum).
Rowdy

Postby Ruckus on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:58 pm

Unfortunately, the support isn't what it is for baskeball and football. I wish it was. I used to designate my TC contributions for baseball only but I was told that really ties the college's hands in their use of them so I stopped.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:47 pm

Which I guess meant that they wanted to use your contribution elsewhere
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby t-dawgfever on Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:25 pm

Eyes of Old Main wrote:Wow! I skip checking the board for a couple days and an uprising begins. Arguments, personal attacks, fraudulent posts... Wofford must be hitting the big time because this is starting to look like the Georgia Southern board.

I understand the arguments for Interdonato and the ones for Wallace. Both have pluses to their candidacy and I think either would be an improvement over the recent situation.

I support Wallace based off experience, but that's not to say Interdonato might not be a better choice down the road. I just think Wallace is a safer choice right now.

The fact that nothing has happened yet probably means that either regrouping has had to take place after a rejection or possibly we are waiting to talk to someone whose team is still active or just finished up. I would hope that this will end in the next week or two so that the entire summer isn't lost for preparations for next year.

Lastly, while I support Wallace over Interdonato, I will support whoever the eventual coach is when selected. I would totally understand if Wallace wanted to stay at SMC, but I think he is the best choice for the first offer.

I can tell you this. There has been no rejection and they are not waiting for anyone's season to wrap up. They have a short list and RJ is taking his precious time working through it. Wallace and Interdonato were interviewed almost 2 weeks ago and then what? A week before the next interview?!? Everyone now knows those are the top 2 candidates. What is he waiting on? What it means is that whoever gets the job will be drastically behind in recruiting (as no one is recruiting for Wofford right now) and assembling a staff. UT got through their search rather quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Western name a coach before we do. By the way, they just lost theirs yesterday.
t-dawgfever

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:27 pm

t-dawgfever wrote:What is he waiting on?

One of the tenets of "The Wofford Way" is to wait as long as possible before settling on change. For better or worse, name any aspect of the College that doesn't ascribe to the "Hurry Up and Wait" theory of progress and I'll be impressed.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball