Head Baseball Coaching search

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby dungeonjoe on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:05 pm

Eyes of Old Main wrote:
t-dawgfever wrote:What is he waiting on?

One of the tenets of "The Wofford Way" is to wait as long as possible before settling on change. For better or worse, name any aspect of the College that doesn't ascribe to the "Hurry Up and Wait" theory of progress and I'll be impressed.

tuition increases :D
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:15 pm

dungeonjoe wrote:tuition increases :D

Touche', Joe!

I'll have to find one of your posts on AGS and give you some rep points for that.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:28 pm

It is always good to have a lively discussion about Wofford College and the athletic program. But let's remember that this is an internet message board, complete with the pitfalls and potential that involves.

We don't always know who is posting, their motives, or their knowledge of the athletic teams or administration. For all we know Wallace, Traylor or Johnson could be among our posters. We can pretend to be somebody or nobody here and no one may ever know the difference. With that in mind, reading and posting with a measure of decorum and a grain of salt is good advice for all of us who come to terrierfans.com

Happy Posting!
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:04 am

Well said, Joe.

It also should be noted that we are all working for the same goal here; the advancement of Wofford and it's athletics program. Though we may disagree about how that is best accomplished, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that everyone is well-intentioned and means well.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

New Coach

Postby bigdogbarking on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Here's my take on this subject. If you can coach,... you can coach. Sometmes a move works and you are a hero and sometimes you fail and you are a bum. Whether, it's Wallace or Coach I you will never know until you give it a chance. I've coached for over thirty years from college to my son's little league, I've seen great coaches that don't know baseball and I've seen good baseball men who couldn't coach a lick. Give Coach I a chance to establish himself as a head coach and then in two or three years see where you are. Wallace will probably still be there. We were all young once and we all just wanted a chance to excel. Coach I has worked the trenches and is looking for his shot. If he gets the job, and I think he will, support him. Give him a chance. He could me the one that leads the team to glory. But how will we ever know if he doesn't get a chance. I like the underdog. It makes a better story.
bigdogbarking

Postby dungeonjoe on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:16 pm

I think we should sweep the entire baseball coaching staff. this year was great, but the track record just ain't there. it is time to go outside, either Wallace (my preference) or someone else.

3 or 4 years giving Coach I? When is the last time Wofford fired any coach?
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 am

dungeonjoe wrote:I think we should sweep the entire baseball coaching staff. this year was great, but the track record just ain't there. it is time to go outside, either Wallace (my preference) or someone else.

3 or 4 years giving Coach I? When is the last time Wofford fired any coach?

Exactly. Wofford never fires anyone. In 3 to 4 years, hopefully Wofford will be successful, but they might just be back where they started with another "classy guy" who can't win.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Baseball