Baseball America chat slight mention

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Baseball America chat slight mention

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 pm

The only mention of the Terriers is just mocking the lack of competence by the committee.

Q: Steve from Columbia, SC asks:
Did the NCAA place Wofford and Western Carolina in the same bracket initially? Or did ESPN just make a minor mistake?

A: Aaron Fitt: The committee screwed up and didn't realize its error until watching the selections announced on ESPN. That would have been a minor mistake for ESPN, but it's a major mistake for the committee. There's really no excuse for that happening. I know filling out the field of 64 is difficult, but whenever I'm doing a regional projection, I always make sure there aren't two teams from the same conference in the same regional -- it's a simple matter of checking your work. You have to wonder just a bit about the committee's diligence and competence when it lets something like that slip through. Fortunately it was easily remedied, as Wofford and Jacksonville were just swapped for each other.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby walliver on Wed May 30, 2007 7:23 am

Wofford being treated poorly by a NCAA committee - Who wounda thunk it?
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby elonfirefighter on Wed May 30, 2007 3:39 pm

they probably made a last min switch with another team that nocked wofford with WCU. I mean these come out with a quick turn around,
elonfirefighter

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Thu May 31, 2007 10:12 am

walliver wrote:Wofford being treated poorly by a NCAA committee - Who wounda thunk it?

I don't know why you would insinuate something like that? No NCAA selection committee has ever been unfair to Wofford. :roll:

That being said, I'd rather be in Columbia than Chapel Hell.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball