Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 12:48 pm

#1 UNC
#4 Wofford

#3 Western Carolina
#2 East Carolina
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 12:56 pm

Lack of being able to read statistics by ESPN. They said the gamecocks lead the nation in HRs when anyone with a 3rd grade math ability knows 106 (Wofford) > 104 (Gamecocks).
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 12:57 pm

BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Btw, the College of Charleston was left out.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 1:08 pm

Ticket info from the Tarheels site:

All-session reserved bleacher seats are $50 for adults and $35 for students (age three through college age). All-session general admission standing room tickets on the grassy hill are $40 for adults and $25 students. When individual game tickets go on sale Thursday at 1 p.m., reserved bleacher seats are $10 for adults and $7 for students. Individual game general admission standing room tickets on the grassy hill are $8 for adults and $5 for students.

The all-session pass does not include a ticket to the potential seventh game Monday, June 4. If a seventh game is necessary, a separate individual game ticket will be needed. No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the stadium.

Gates will open two hours before the first game each day, and the stadium will be cleared between games per NCAA regulations. Parking will be available in the Ramshead Deck for $5 per day and at the Smith Center at no charge.

Game times:
2007 NCAA CHAPEL HILL REGIONAL SCHEDULE
(TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO TELEVISION COVERAGE)
Friday, June 1
Game 1: 2 p.m.
Game 2: 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 2
Game 3: 1 p.m.
Game 4: 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 3
Game 5: 1 p.m.
Game 6: 5 p.m.
Monday, June 4
Game 7: 1 p.m. - IF NECESSARY
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Tickets

Postby Honoribus on Mon May 28, 2007 1:16 pm

Just booked my hotel reservation at the Holiday Inn in Chapel Hill. I trust that Wofford will get a block of tickets for Wofford fans. UNC's stadium only seats 2,000 with another 1,000 seats available on a grassy hill along the first base sideline. With ECU and WCU nearby, tickets might be a little difficult to come by.
Honoribus

Postby elonfirefighter on Mon May 28, 2007 1:45 pm

hate to burst your bubble on the room bookings but they just changed your location
http://www.ncaasports.com/baseball/mens ... 64/2007/DI
your in south carolina
elonfirefighter

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen them change after they announced. I guess someone told them Wofford and Western are in the same conference.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby elonfirefighter on Mon May 28, 2007 2:22 pm

Wofford and western are in the same conf????? who would of figured that. I guess the next thing they will be saying is that App plays football
elonfirefighter

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 3:59 pm

From Baseball America college blog:

NCAA Blunder?

Posted May. 28, 2007 12:37 pm by Aaron Fitt
Filed under: Division I Postseason
In the brackets that have been released by the NCAA, Southern Conference teams Western Carolina and Wofford are both in the Chapel Hill regional. NCAA rules state that two teams from the same conference cannot be placed in the same regional, which leads me to believe that either the committee screwed up and put them together, or the brackets are wrong.

Perhaps Wofford is actually supposed to be at the Columbia, S.C. regional, and Jacksonville should be in Chapel Hill. We’ll see if Division I Baseball Committee chairman Larry Templeton can shed any light on this curious situation in the conference call that is about to begin.

EDIT: Templeton acknowledged the mistake to start off the conference call, and the bracket has been changed. Wofford will now head to South Carolina’s regional, and Jacksonville will go to North Carolina’s.

“During the NCAA selection show, we noticed that we had made a mistake and placed two teams from the same conference in the same regional, that being Wofford and Western Carolina,” Templeton said. “Hopefully we have been able to catch those schools in the last 30 minutes or so.”
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Chapel Hill

Postby tom189 on Mon May 28, 2007 9:25 pm

Another example of the NCCA's efficiency and concern for the college athlete. The baseball selectors must have been being advised by R. Laney and Greg Burke from the 2002 football playoff committee.
tom189

Return to Baseball