T-DOGS WIN! T-DOGS WIN! T-DOGS WIN!

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun May 27, 2007 1:02 pm

Great article. Thanks for posting.

I hadn't yet thought about how this might impact the coaching search, but being the defending champs ought to draw a little more attention.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby 94cat on Sun May 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Wow!!! I'm shocked. That is a great story for Wofford. I'm a Davidson grad, but my father and grandfather both played football and graduated from Wofford....so I'm part Terrier.

Congrats!! My father doesn't know what to do with himself right now, he's so fired up.

I'll be watching you guys closely in the regional. Maybe you get to play in Columbia and take some fans with you!!
94cat

Postby Doc JS on Sun May 27, 2007 1:35 pm

Congratulations!

It certainly hurt to see my sons' Bulldogs lose, but you guys played the best baseball over the tournament and deserved to win. You were the better team.

It was a wonderful send off for your coach. And I'm certainly happy for the Terrier players that I know: Austin Redwine, Bradford Eaves, Brandon Waring, Eric Sturkie, Keith Munns.

Best of luck in the regionals. Represent us well!

Doc JS
Doc JS

Postby terriers on Sun May 27, 2007 3:37 pm

I just returned from Atlanta watching my Braves lose three of five
but the late call I got last night advising that my Terriers had won
the SoCon cured all ills. I haven't been this happy since 2003.

This is one of the great feats in all of sport! Ain't it great to be a
Terrier?
terriers

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Sun May 27, 2007 4:34 pm

I was lucky enough to be at the Isle of Palms for the weekend, so I went to the game last night. There was a amazingly vocal Wofford crowd last night even though we were outnumbered. People were leading cheers during the game and were just as loud if not louder than the competition. Unbelievable but nerve wrecking feeling during the bottom of the 9th. Gutsy jobs by Ben and Austin, both working on 2 days rest.

There were SOCON tourney champion tshirts available after the game, but I wanted one that had Wofford on it. Hopefully Wofford will print alot of them for sale.
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Re: T-DOGS WIN! T-DOGS WIN! T-DOGS WIN!

Postby Growler on Mon May 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Eyes of Old Main wrote:Terrier Nation rejoices! Who in the world saw this coming?

WOFFORD TERRIERS
2007 SOUTHERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

"I DID"
Growler

congrats

Postby elonfirefighter on Mon May 28, 2007 1:16 pm

Congrats on the Win. I enjoyed talking to some of your fans when you guys cam down to our place. Tough it ment the only 3 games I saw this season resulted in 2 losses. You came on strong and deserve this (way more then citadel). The only down side to this situation is the fact that only 1 socon team can make it to the super regional, but.... they they have a 50-50 chance at it. Give them hell and see you next season
elonfirefighter

Re: congrats

Postby BestOfBreed on Mon May 28, 2007 1:37 pm

elonfirefighter wrote:Congrats on the Win. I enjoyed talking to some of your fans when you guys cam down to our place. Tough it ment the only 3 games I saw this season resulted in 2 losses. You came on strong and deserve this (way more then citadel). The only down side to this situation is the fact that only 1 socon team can make it to the super regional, but.... they they have a 50-50 chance at it. Give them heck and see you next season

Thanks for the kind words. Same here, I'm a little bummed that they put both SoCon teams in the same regional :(
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby elonfirefighter on Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 pm

elonfirefighter

Postby Sparklepup on Tue May 29, 2007 4:29 pm

Have not been this proud to be a terrier since late fall of 2003! Great momentum boost for the baseball program and school athletics in general. Everyone in terrier nation will be pulling for Wofford baseball Friday and I suspect many of those outside our little circle will be as well. This is great for Wofford, Steve Traylor and for all the players on our team. Let's keep "big mo" on our side and shock the hell out of collegiate baseball! Good luck men.
Sparklepup

Previous

Return to Baseball