SMC has won 29 STRAIGHT

Postby lawdog on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Holy Smoke.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: SMC has won 29 STRAIGHT

Postby dialing8 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:08 am

WOW!! Who cares?
Our team is playing well, Mac Doyle is leading the conference and nation in about six-10 catagories, beat WCU for the first time in 8 years, have not been swept in conference play , pitching has greatly improved, etc., and you still want to get excited about a team that plays D-2 JV and D-3 JV teams.
Unbelievable!!!!!
Some SMC players actually come watch our games in hopes of getting a chance to play in the SoCon and will actually tell you that the teams SMC playes are not as good as most teams they played in high school.
So lawdog, what is your point?
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 am

I came across the story on the Spartanburg paper site, and have followed (and played) enough baseball to know that 29 straight wins is an amazing accomplishment. Don't read too much into it, Dialing 8... still pulling for the Dogs here. :roll:
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woco on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am

Dialing8-- your sarcasm and ridicule for SMC Baseball speaks volumes about your character (along with your buddy Reggie who I am sure will weigh in before too long).
Why can't you just offer your congratulations to the young men who are working hard day in and day out and having success not to mention the success of an ALUM of our alma mater. People like you seem to forget that Wallace is a graduate of Wofford. We should be proud of his accomplishments just like other alums that are highlighted.

SMC and Coach Wallace's success doesn't take anything away from Mac's accomplishments or anything else the Terriers may accomplish this year.

Congratuations to Coach Wallace and his team. The best of luck to you for the remainder of the season. There are many Wofford fans pulling for you to return to the World Series!
woco

Postby SC_Terrier on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

This question is not meant to be a cutting comment at all at Tim Wallace because I do support both him and SMC. It seems like some of you may know him personally and you may know him well enough to speculate an answer to my question. Why hasn't Tim Wallace taken a job in Division I? Obviously he has had a lot of success at SMC and his resume is good enough to get him hired at one of the 342 programs currently competing at the Division I level. Even though he didn't get the nod from Wofford in 2007, it seems like he would be able to get hired somewhere. Any thoughts?
SC_Terrier

Postby dialing8 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

by woco on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 am

Dialing8-- your sarcasm and ridicule for SMC Baseball speaks volumes about your character (along with your buddy Reggie who I am sure will weigh in before too long).

WOCO,
First of all what I state are facts about the programs I discussed. I am a friend of Tim's but that does not change facts. Tim knows how I feel about him and he knows how I felt when he did not get the job. We talked at length about it!!!! So there you have it.

Since you don't know me, don't judge my character. I can assume what someone's charachter is like by his posts, but you know what assuming does.

What bothers me is that some people here want to live in the past. Tim did not get the job. That is something he should hold against the hiring committee, not Wofford baseball nor Coach I.
I am so tired of this crap. Wofford beats WCU for the first time in over 8 years and someone posts about SMC. Maybe it was a good faith post, and if it was I am sorry for calling him out.
We as alums should give Waring and Gilly updates when we find them, but for no "haters" to even mention Mac Doyle's stats is just crazy.
What we should be talking about is how this team of young players(yes having only one senior in the lineup and really none pitching qualifies this as a young team) is competing. Hopefully they will continue to mature and kick some tail in the next few years. Hopefully the team will get some more players in here to help get this program heading in the right direction for a decade, not just a year or two splash here and there.
At this point the team has lost 10 games by 2 runs or less. That should interest those that care about this team, but this board, like most, seems to bring out the "haters" more than the fans.

And by the way, I have no real problem with people complaining about the team or the coaches, but let's compare apples to apples.
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocogoose94 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:14 pm

What's the big deal about beating WCU for the first time since whenever....they have a losing record in the SOCON! Coming close doesnt count either. The ERA has improved over last year too. What about Wofford handing conference leading Citadel their only loss in the conference to-date!
wocogoose94

Postby dungeonjoe on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Guys,

I believe we have enough bandwidth for all of these topics. Don't wait for someone else to post, fire away about what is happening!
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby blitz4 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 pm

You two guys (Reggie and Dialing8) take things way to personal. We are very proud to have a Wofford alum and hall of famer having such success, year in and year out. Noone said that SMC would beat Wofford or that Wallace is a much better coach than Coach I. You are obviously not Wofford fans, you are Coach I fans!
blitz4

Postby terriers on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Why are Brandon Waring updates posted? He does not wear a Wofford uniform--but he once did!
terriers

Postby lawdog on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Ad hominem attacks on me or others are inappropriate on a message board, and just about anywhere else for that matter.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby terriers on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:47 pm

I was not attacking but rather defending you and anyone else who recognizes a Wofford alum with an
outstanding accomplishment.
terriers

Postby lawdog on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 pm

I understand and appreciate it. I was addressing dialing 8 and reggie.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby dialing8 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Lawdog,
Were you really just telling us about Tim's success? Really?
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 am

lawdog,

you chose to title your thread : SMC has won 29 STRAIGHT

i once again ask you. who cares what smc baseball is doing? why post some c r a p like that on a wofford board? even if wallace is the coach there, why title a thread like you just did. shoot, wofford is on a 2 game win streak. that is big news considering how we have been playing this yr, mac doyle is having a h e l l of a year, so is james foster, i have heard no recent chatter on here about those two men, but you choose to clutter this message board with junk and in my opinion, bull s h i t that has nothing to do with wofford athletics. you are wrong in doing such a thing. you are also trying to compare what wallace is doing to what waring is doing, and that is also just wrong.
reggie warren jr

Next

Return to Baseball