streisel experiment

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

streisel experiment

Postby reggie warren jr on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 pm

i know it is early still, but this is one experiment that needs to be terminated for the time being
reggie warren jr

Re: streisel experiment

Postby johnd7 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:17 pm

for sure where is the pictcher that had tj surgery.he was going to come in when we beat pitt
johnd7

Postby ILoveWofford on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Can't blame this kid for being put into all these situations. This is on the coaching staff solely. How many times do you have to lose games late before you do something. Should have at least two/three more wins already this year. As much as it pains me I agree with Reggie this time, this experiment has to go. Explain this to me though. This kid has obviously struggled, so why toady when you are up two in the ninth is there nobody in the bullpen at any point in the whole inning? Awful...please would like to hear some thoughts on that coaching decision.
ILoveWofford

Postby reggie warren jr on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 am

"This kid has obviously struggled, so why toady when you are up two in the ninth is there nobody in the bullpen at any point in the whole inning?"

very good point. it seems like the coaching staff has given him the title of closer, but to me, he really hasnt earned it yet to not have other people throwing just in case he does get into some type of trouble. now it would be different if he had proven himself in the past, but he is fairly new to this gig, so for there to be no one else throwing in the pen is just not right. in my opinion, rowland pitched fairly well today, and that fact coupled with the fact that streisel gave up a bunch of runs late to dayton last time we played them is why it would have made sense to stick with anthony there. or maybe even sheridan, as he has good movement on his ball, and doesnt give up many homeruns. also, steisel at this point in time does not look very confident out there either, and sometimes you gotta fake it to make it, but h e l l he didnt look in control. also i dont mean to knock guys on our team. they work hard, and they sacrifice a lot to play ball. i think he is a great kid and has the potential to be a very good pitcher at this level, but lets let him prove himself earlier in the ball game before we give the game to him in pressure situations. idk im just an avid observer who knows and watches the game a little, so i dont get to make out the lineup card, but it doesnt bode well to put guys into those types of positions when they are not ready for them yet.

foster at the top of the lineup provides us with a spark as well. he gets us going. i like the way he plays, especially when he makes contact hitting.
reggie warren jr

Return to Baseball