Friday nights game

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Friday nights game

Postby dialing8 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

For those of you that want to see what I hope is a good game, come out tonight.
The pitcher for Dayton was the Freshman of the Year in his conference and was listed as maybe the best MLB pitching prospect in the Great Lakes League this past summer.
We have some players with pretty darn good bats so we will see how we stack up.
As for their hitters, they are returning some players with pretty solid numbers.
Come brave the wind and enjoy the best game in college sports.
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Re: Friday nights game

Postby reggie warren jr on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 pm

ill be there. looking forward to a good game and weekend. lets get at least 2 this time.
reggie warren jr

Postby reggie warren jr on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:42 pm

just got back from the game and all i can saw is wow. that was simply atrocious!
reggie warren jr

Postby Natural on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 am

The 9th inning was atrocious. Up to that point - pretty good stuff. They can build on the positives.
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Postby bigdogbarking on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 am

Reg.......WTF
bigdogbarking

Postby BossMan on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:40 am

From the Spartanburg paper......this just about sums it up

Dayton 11, Wofford 9, 11 innings:

At Wofford, the Flyers (2-2) scored six unearned runs in the top of the ninth to erase a 9-3 lead and added two more runs in the 11th for the win.

Taylor Rozier had three RBIs, and Landon Bennett Added a two-run home run for the Terriers (1-3).

Wofford wasted a strong start by Pete Noordsy — 5 1/3 innings, six hits, two runs — in the loss.
BossMan

Postby reggie warren jr on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:05 am

what bigdog?

there is no way in h e l l that we should be sitting here now with an L next to that game. i love and support wofford baseball like crazy, but when we play like crap what else am i supposed to say? pete pitched well and we hit fairly decent, but we are striking out way too much right now against pitching that is not the best we will see this yr. also i might add that cornley needs to be in the pen to close games out bc the streisel experiment has not been pretty thus far. also it is very atrocious to lose a game on an intentional walk wild pitch. there is just not excuse for that. as long as they stay together and with each other and start believing in themselves, i know that these guys will rebound that that they will come back and start playing much better baseball, but as for that game, all i can say is d a m n.
reggie warren jr

Postby bigdogbarking on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:45 am

Just agreeing with assessment. Shouldn't have happened. Someone on the team said to me that that was the worst game he had ever been associated with. They can't be p i s s e d away like that.
bigdogbarking

Postby johnd7 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:53 pm

i am not sure they are using their pitrcher well. they have been putting in the same guys with the same results.Also as you say striking way to much.
johnd7

Return to Baseball