The Decline of Baseball

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: The Decline of Baseball

Postby reggie warren jr on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm

not a lot of running at high demand?

you are mistaken. try going out there everyday and playing 162 game schedule and see how you would do. you would not make it through half a season. you are obviously very ignorant. also i might add that the ammount of running has nothing to do with the athletic ability involved. cross country runners run a lot. so do track players. they run more than football, basketball and soccer people. so maybe their sport is the hardest. you make very little sense youngterrier. maybe you should stick with football because i dont think you would be able to make it in any other sport.
reggie warren jr

Postby wocogoose94 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Since playing baseball at Wofford takes great mental toughness, what does the team do to ensure that they will have the necessary mental toughness required to get through the season and make it a success?
wocogoose94

Postby reggie warren jr on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 pm

they have to just stick together and believe in their abilities because they are more than capable of having a season over 500. they have to find a team identity and one that i personally think would work is that they have to truly believe that they will find a way to grind out games and at bats and pitches and that they will find a way to win no matter who or where they play. they work harder than most teams in the country and they have put the hay in the barn sort to speak, all they have to do is believe and trust in their abilities because they are more than talented to get the job done day in and day out. thats all i got on that issue
reggie warren jr

Postby BigJohn94 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Reggie
Maybe you missed the part of my post where I talked about a .300 hitter, and being considered very good by failing 70% of the time. I never said baseball was / was not the toughest sport to play. What I said is you are comparing 2 totally different sports. And having played both, I guarantee you that if you took the baseball team and put them on the same field against the Wofford Women's soccer team, the baseball team would be damn lucky to score. Of course you will scoff at that, but it's true. You might be speaking well since you were allegedly a baseball player, but don't talk about a sport you've never played (or at least haven't played competitively since your YMCA days).
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:30 pm

i am proud to say that i have never been so desperate as to have to play the sport of soccer big john. anyone is lucky to score in a soccer game. its really a pathetic sport. running and kicking a ball takes about as much skill as itching my a s s. and i can guarantee you that if you put the baseball team on the soccer field and have them play the womens soccer team, the baseball team would win.
reggie warren jr

Postby youngterrier on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 pm

reggie warren jr wrote:not a lot of running at high demand?

you are mistaken. try going out there everyday and playing 162 game schedule and see how you would do. you would not make it through half a season. you are obviously very ignorant. also i might add that the ammount of running has nothing to do with the athletic ability involved. cross country runners run a lot. so do track players. they run more than football, basketball and soccer people. so maybe their sport is the hardest. you make very little sense youngterrier. maybe you should stick with football because i dont think you would be able to make it in any other sport.

I never said anything about athletic ability, I just said conditioning is too easy, and I can make that judgment call because I play the sport you mentioned as the hardest. That's right I run cross country and track (you must feel awkward now :oops: ). The point is there is not a lot of running in baseball and the physical tole on the body is nothing compared to other sports, which is why you see pro baseball players in there 40s. to make matters worse, if I'm in the outfield and my pitcher is all-world I really don't do that much outside of running a very short distance IF I hit the ball when I'm at bat. Basically the aspects that make it so unentertaining to me are the same aspects as to why I don't play it.
Last edited by youngterrier on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Reggie, Please do us all a favor. Since you are the self-proclaimed almanac of baseball, keep talking about it and it alone. Your ignorance about other sports shows in your posts.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:43 pm

big john,

why you got to hate my friend? i am not ignorant. please tell me how much skill it takes to run back and forth? i did it in conditioning drills all the time and trust me its not hard at all. basketball or the nba version of jungle ball is a joke, as it is a huge free frawl and those guys dont hustle at all back and forth on the court. college basketball is the only bball i would willingly watch bc there are actual plays going on. also, soccer is not hard either. trust me on that one. any athlete could play that sport and be good at it. lets go kick a ball back and forth for a stupid amount of time and see if we can make it into an incredibly huge goal. that might be the hardest thing to do. man those guys who play soccer, they are like gods......lets get real people
reggie warren jr

Postby youngterrier on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 pm

reggie warren jr wrote:big john,

why you got to hate my friend? i am not ignorant. please tell me how much skill it takes to run back and forth? i did it in conditioning drills all the time and trust me its not hard at all. basketball or the nba version of jungle ball is a joke, as it is a huge free frawl and those guys dont hustle at all back and forth on the court. college basketball is the only bball i would willingly watch bc there are actual plays going on. also, soccer is not hard either. trust me on that one. any athlete could play that sport and be good at it. lets go kick a ball back and forth for a stupid amount of time and see if we can make it into an incredibly huge goal. that might be the hardest thing to do. man those guys who play soccer, they are like gods......lets get real people

It takes a lot of skill to run back and forth (at say 5-7 mph) for 2 hours
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 pm

um no it does not
reggie warren jr

Postby youngterrier on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am

reggie warren jr wrote:um no it does not

have you run for 2 hours straight before? granted some soccer teams dont run that much but the good ones do.
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 am

yes i have actually, and at a pretty good pace. its not that hard. thanks for asking though.
reggie warren jr

Postby youngterrier on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 am

reggie warren jr wrote:yes i have actually, and at a pretty good pace. its not that hard. thanks for asking though.

have you done it multiple times a week?
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:43 am

YT
Regardless of what you post to Reggie, it really does not matter. When you try to argue with someone who is ignorant on a subject, instead of admitting that one is ignorant and does not have the knowledge to discuss or debate, they bad-mouth and put it down. Kinda like the kindergarten approach of "I know you are, but what am I?"

It's obvious that Reggie does not know anything about soccer, and that's fine. I don't fault him for being uneducated on a sport. But I don't go around speaking poorly about them. I usually shut up about them and try to educate myself on them. Unfortunately, Mr. Warren can't do that.
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 am

the only thing one needs to know about soccer is that you run around a field for a couple of hours and you try to kick a ball into a huge net. thats the game of soccer. its fairly simple. its not rocket science. of course there are different plays and what not, but when it boils down to it, there is nothing more to soccer than kicking a fairly large ball with your foot into a fairly large goal. not sure why everyone is jumping down my throat here for stating obvious facts about soccer taking less skill to play than baseball. its clear as day that hitting and throwing a baseball is the hardest combination of things to do in all of sports.

oh and another thing, im not sure why you continue to personally attack me on here big john. it is very puzzling to me as to why you dont like it when people do not agree with what you have to say. this is a public forum and as i have displayed before i dont care what you think about me, and i will continue to speak my mind even if it does offend you and the kickball world that is out there.
reggie warren jr

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball