All SoCon

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

All SoCon

Postby lawdog on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Our paper had projected All SoCon first and second team today...no Terriers.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: All SoCon

Postby reggie warren jr on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 pm

while that is very sad, the only person in the lineup who has really really proven himself is kyle behrendt and he plays 3b and in the socon, you better put up some serious power numbers if you want to get recognized on the 1st or 2nd team
reggie warren jr

Postby COHAZE on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:50 am

Diamaduros and Doyle both had good numbers and long term project as better power hitters than Behrendt.
COHAZE

Postby reggie warren jr on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:58 am

yes they did have good numbers, but their numbers were not good enough compared to others in the conference that played their positions. projectability means nothing when making up the the all conference teams. i expect both of them to have good yrs this yr as well. also i might add that the preseason all conference teams dont mean jack s h i t.
reggie warren jr

Postby BossMan on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I agree with rwj on the useless nature of these preseason teams

In 2007, Brandon Waring ( who ended up being named SoCon player of the year, All American, and Wallace Award finalist , Drafted in the 7th round) wasn't even on the preseason team. Guess who was from Wofford instead?.....Shane Kirkley was on the first team, and Michael Gilmartin ( who had never played a game in the SoCon ) was on the 2nd team.

I saw that the Citadel had 2B Bryan Altman named to the Ping All American Preseason Team, His Ping comment says he was 23rd in the nation in doubles last year and the 63rd toughest guy to strikeout...........but he's nowhere on the SoCon Team ??????
BossMan

Postby Terrier FanAttic on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Here's the All SoCon Team picked by Rivals.com. Kyle Behrendt is on it as an outfielder.

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1049987
Terrier FanAttic

Postby Natural on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Kyle definitely belongs on the team - he is a clutch hitter who put up great numbers last year. However, it does show how little Rivals knows when they list him as an OF. All they do is look at stats and old rosters.
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball