baseball staff?

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: baseball staff?

Postby reggie warren jr on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 pm

i truly believe that it was not dillengers fault as well. the blame had to be put somewhere though, and unfortunately he was the one who had to wear it, and due to that fact, there maybe have been some resentment and tension between the staff, and both coaches did what was in the best interest of the athletic program and more importantly, the players...
reggie warren jr

Postby american gentleman on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:36 pm

You are right. It says a lot about the character of the commissioner of the summer league .It is sad he didn't take responsibility and left it to the coach to do so. In the end SMC has a good addition to their staff and Wofford has lost one.
american gentleman

Postby BossTerrier on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:22 am

I am shocked that there would be any compliance issues with this experienced staff of coaches. Also, based on the sham job a few years ago resulting in the hire of the current staff, the Compliance officer was right in the thick of it...I'm suprised she wasn't consulted...
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 am

um boss. dillenger consulted the comish of the league and he was the one who gave it the ok. if you should have it a problem of anyone, you should take it up with that crappy crappy summer league. you have no idea what kind of coach coach interdonato is... he is getting better, and if you dont know that, then you have no idea what you are talking about bc there have been a whole hell of a lot of changes with the way things are run so far this yr...its too bad smc doesnt have like a blog or something that you could join. oh maybe thats bc they are a juco. im sure you are a big wally world fan. annd by that i mean a smc wallace fan
reggie warren jr

Postby Ruckus on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:59 pm

No one on this board seems to know what they are talking about except you, Reg. And no one seems more intent on letting everyone know how much they think they know than you. Maybe, just maybe, it's you who doesn't know as much as you think you do. Must hard carrying around that big chip on your shoulder to go with your rear end.
Boss, welcome to Mr. Warren. So much for humility and civility among the Wofford faithful. Guess there really is one in every crowd.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:43 pm

ouch im so hurt ruckus....i dont care what you think about me.... im going to be straight up and honest with you and i am not going to sugar coat things... believe what you want to believe but there is truth behind the words i speak.
reggie warren jr

Postby BossTerrier on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:43 pm

reggie warren jr wrote:um boss. dillenger consulted the comish of the league and he was the one who gave it the ok. if you should have it a problem of anyone, you should take it up with that crappy crappy summer league. you have no idea what kind of coach coach interdonato is... he is getting better, and if you dont know that, then you have no idea what you are talking about bc there have been a whole hell of a lot of changes with the way things are run so far this yr...its too bad smc doesnt have like a blog or something that you could join. oh maybe thats bc they are a juco. im sure you are a big wally world fan. annd by that i mean a smc wallace fan

Reread my post, I said nothing disparaging to the current coach, I was critical however of the hiring process a few years back. I am also not a huge Coach Wallace fan, I just don't know that much about him other than success he's had at the JUCO level. I would suggest, however that the experience factor in the coaching hire in Men's soccer program could stand to rub off on the baseball team. I hear more reasons why we can't compete in baseball from those close to the program than why we can. SoCon soccer is just as difficult as baseball from what I read in the rankings of Socon teams. What is their excuse? Back to the hiring process, the fact that the "ethics police"(aka Compliance Officer) was allowed to be that intimately involved in the hiring process when she is and was in fact close friends with the one that ended up with the job was concerning. Given this tight relationship between the two, I would expect that the baseball staff would be one step ahead when it comes to compliance. I guess not.
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby ILoveWofford on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:51 pm

There are a lot of posters on this site that need to look in the mirror when they bash people about not knowing facts and not knowing what they are talking about. Answer this question...why, if there was any indication that this whole juco thing was the assistant coaches fault; then why was he retained this long and not let go immediately. As someone said, they are so "close" with the compliance person that you would of thought they would have known the rules. Secondly, why did the other coach leave before christmas...what rule did he "suppossedly" break? There is one common demoninator in why coaches are leaving....do I have to spell it out for you.

I - N - T - E - R - D - O - N - A - T - O
ILoveWofford

Postby BigJohn94 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 am

reggie warren jr wrote: dillenger consulted the comish of the league and he was the one who gave it the ok. if you should have it a problem of anyone, you should take it up with that crappy crappy summer league.

Too bad that the Summer League coach isn't the one that ultimately makes the compliance decisions. Probably because he's more concerned with his league rather than the legalities of the NCAA. If you want to find out the potential of a rules infraction, ask the person who's deciding on the rule, not the person whose interest lies well outside the realm of the NCAA rules.Too bad Dillenger is gone, but he should have either known the rules or asked the right person. It does seem like "Wally world" was quick to grab him up. I'm surprised Dr. Warren has not started the bashing of Dillenger. You know, because he is only interested in the current Terrier program, and since he is no longer a Terrier. Kinda like he started this whole thing with Wallace, when all one wanted to do was give him a little props about his successes. Reminds me a little of Two Face in the Batman movies.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 pm

funny joke there big john...why in the world would i bash dillenger??? at least he actually did something for the wofford baseball program to help them advance and make them better at the ncaa division 1 level...i wish i could find what wallace did for the ncaa div 1 wofford terries, but for the love of me, i just cant seem to find anything. the only reason i started bashing wallace was bc some folks render and talk of him as if he were the second coming of the lord almighty. and this is troubling bc there a numerous amount of players to put on the wofford uniform who were in fact better than him...im sick and tired of talking about him though, so can we just drop it already...everyone knows i dont care for him, so there is no need to keep bringing it up
reggie warren jr

Postby Ruckus on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Nobody was better than you, right Reggie? Nobody knows as much as you, right Reggie? Nobody played RtEAL baseball until your era, right Reggie? Some of us are far sicker of others mentioned on this board than Wallace.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:01 pm

ruckus there is too much hate in your heart. you need to lighten up bud....

Nobody was better than you, right Reggie? Nobody knows as much as you, right Reggie? Nobody played RtEAL baseball until your era, right Reggie?

as for your first question, ruckus, there are only a few who were better than me my friend. to answer your second question, i never said that i knew more than anyone else (except for you of course, and i have clearly demonstrated my statement to be true) and to answer your third question all i am saying is that if you didnot compete at wofford when they were div 1, then you did not compete at the highest amateur level as possible. thats all my friend. no need to hate
reggie warren jr

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:19 pm

also ruckus,

i am sorry if you are sick of my honest answers and opinions. the truth hurts sometimes though and we are here for you big guy
reggie warren jr

Postby BigJohn94 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 pm

reggie warren jr wrote:.... and to answer your third question all i am saying is that if you didnot compete at wofford when they were div 1, then you did not compete at the highest amateur level as possible. thats all my friend. no need to hate

Let's throw out the record books boys. Baseball pre-D1 never existed at Wofford. That really sucks for people such as Lee Amick, Brad Russ, Justin Laughlin, Chad McLain, Aaron Elling, Tim Wallace, JP Raflo, Stephen Flack, Anthony Salley, Jerod Hubbard, Bobby Jordan, Tim Renfrow, Brandon McKillop, ......and the list goes on. They can no longer be considered amongst the Wofford greats since they were pre D1.

To me, these men did just as much for the Wofford Baseball program as did anyone who played in the D1 era.

And who actually has the hate, Mr. Warren? Didn't you start all this with your tirade against Wallace.

I will give you this Reggie. There might be some level of truth about your posts, but there is even a greater level of obnoxiousness about them.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Previous

Return to Baseball