Congrats to Coach Wallace!

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Congrats to Coach Wallace!

Postby reggie warren jr on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:12 pm

dialing 8 i am rather pissed about the support that the baseball team gets from a financial standpoint...they have the opportunity to win a national championship, but yet the school decides to ignore that and they continue to get stiffed from the all the money that the school has...it makes no sense at all
reggie warren jr

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 pm

You are assuming we haven't. If Mr Warren donated money as well as he pontificates and insults, we'd be maxxed out by now.
No posts at all for 6 months then someone gives a kudo and all hell breaks loose from some joker whose never posts, says he's too busy to post and then spends the rest of day throwing insults around.
By the way, some of us don't need this board to follow the team and its progress. We get it a little closer to the source. And from what I hear, our pitching looks much improved.
There, Reggie, make you a little happier? I figure a guy like you who knows so more than the rest of us and who was such a great player would have all the answers.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:29 am

ruckus are you the police or something? why the hell do you care how many times i have posted on here? seems to me like you want an award or something bc thats the second time you have mentioned the amount of posts i have made...i have more baseball knowledge in my pinky finger than you have in your whole brain...and thats a guaranteed fact...idk why you constantly attack someone who is voicing their opinion here...sounds like you want this board to be like a good ol boys club and seems like you dont take too kindly to newcomers who have different perspectives than yours

"By the way, some of us don't need this board to follow the team and its progress. We get it a little closer to the source. And from what I hear, our pitching looks much improved" from what you hear???? thats really getting closer to the program dude, there was a fall world series were you at that??? there have been practices all fall, you been to any of those????...i hear things all the time too about the team...figure it out man

"There, Reggie, make you a little happier?" to answer your question, no not really...thats hardly any kind of scouting report you just gave...the team is also older this year too...and there are more rhps than lhps and there is new frosh who plays middle inf and a good frosh cf...that kinda stuff and generic info is hardly any kind of report on the team...good effort though
reggie warren jr

Postby Ruckus on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:57 am

Seems as if your omnipotent pinky finger would know whether I am the police "or something".
Who has a problem with who? I have not "constantly attacked" anyone here. As I recall, you're the one who attacked the post on TW. I was simply defending the worthiness of it. I have never attacked anyone on this board. Ironically, I am a supporter (financially and otherwise) of the current baseball program and am pulling hard for Coach I and the team's success. What are you doing to support the team other than bragging about what you did and how much you know?
The subleties of understatement are obviously lost on you so why don't YOU tell US what is going on with the team? Regale us with your vast baseball knowlege and keen insight on the team's propsects which are most certainly stored in your pinky finger. Give us your scouting report on the Black and Gold World Series.......or are you better at cursing, bragging and arguing than having any real insight?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:11 am

I am beginning to wonder if our beloved Mr. Reggie Warren Jr is actually an imposter. I only make that statement as no true Terrier, who is knowledgeable of any sport, played any sport, knows about the tradition of the sport which he/she has knowledge or played, certainly would not infiltrate a message board, commence posting about someone who helped pave the road he allegedly travelled, and get into a pi$$ing contest with one of our more knowledgeable and respected board members.

Wofford alums are considered a family, per se. When one of our family members is successful in their future endeavors, showing appreciation and acknowledgement of his accolades is a way of informing others who may or may have awareness of his accomplishments. Whether Mr. Wallace is a JUCO coach, a D-I, D-II, D-III, NAIA, etc., coach is irrelevant. He is, and always will be, a Terrier. His reception of such an award speaks well for his ability to coach, regardless of the talent or who does his recruiting. This posting was initiated as a means of acknowledging and congratulating him for such, and nothing more. However, it has now been turned into a debacle by our most infamous baseball guru, historian, and possibly former player, Mr. Reggie Warren Jr.

So I ask you, Mr. Warren Jr, just a few questions:

Could you please enlighten us as to your career statistics as a Terrier?

Who pi$$ed in your cornflakes to make you think you can suddenly show up with such grandeur and negativity about nothing more than a congratulatory topic for an alum of our institution?

And lastly, the question which I really lose sleep over at night, and touched on in my beginning sentence. Are you turly a Terrier, or are you just posing as an imposter, known infamously as AlexAle?

Inquiring minds want to know.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:38 pm

oh my....i guess im in trouble now...."inquiring minds" want to know about me...

"Could you please enlighten us as to your career statistics as a Terrier?" Big John that is a bold question by you...i will however refrain from answering it bc this is not about me here...you guys are making it about me....all i am simply doing is exercising my right as an american citizen and criticizing something that i feel needs to change...but i will say that my career stats are damn good, and prob better than anyones you have ever compiled, thats all you need to know at this time...oh no, god help me now that i didnt really give the inquiring mind of big bad john the answer he wanted

"Who pi$$ed in your cornflakes to make you think you can suddenly show up with such grandeur and negativity about nothing more than a congratulatory topic for an alum of our institution?" you ask a legitimate question here, but i will ask you, who died and made you king? so my answer to your question is this, i can ask and question and criticize whoever i please...i dont care where you went to school, or if you played ball, and what your gpa was or any of that stuff, and i could much less care about how well respected a freaking board member of this site is..seriously dude stop crying about how someone is attacking a "well respected board member"...i will question and continue to question who i want, when i want, and i dont care if you like it or not

"I am beginning to wonder if our beloved Mr. Reggie Warren Jr is actually an imposter. I only make that statement as no true Terrier, who is knowledgeable of any sport, played any sport, knows about the tradition of the sport which he/she has knowledge or played" to this question, i will say i am not an imposter, and i have not been brainwashed by the school and so called tradition to think that its ok to just be good, and it doesnt matter if you win or lose and all that other kind of junk... you speak of tradition here as it relates to baseball, i will just ask you one question what tradition??? a losing one??? thats what i am trying to change here...there is so much potential within this program, but the thing is, people dont seem to care...they would much rather take up the space of a board like this by giving a shout out to a former player who has been given an ungodly amount of shout outs already for coaching a juco...all i am saying is enough already...no one cares about what wallace is doing, bc you know what believe it or not, he is not currently helping the wofford baseball program to be successful...its a hard pill to swallow, but the truth hurts sometimes

"And lastly, the question which I really lose sleep over at night, and touched on in my beginning sentence. Are you turly a Terrier, or are you just posing as an imposter, known infamously as AlexAle?" all i have to say to this is what???? i have never heard of alexale nor do i give a crap about him...but whoever that i is, id sure watch out if i were him bc the big bad john of 94 is after him...oh no oh no
reggie warren jr

Postby Ruckus on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks John for diverting his spew of rhetoric from me. I now gladly hand the baton off to you. I think you are on to something with the AlexAle comparision.
If we igore him, he will go back to whatever hole he crawled out of.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:23 pm

hahahaaha oh brother ruckus you are such the jokester...too funny for me my friend...hahaha...and i will have a scouting report up by the end of the day, so get excited fellas
reggie warren jr

Postby BigJohn94 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Gosh, Ruckus, you are too kind. Nonetheless thanks.

Now back to Regg. We're making this about you because you evidently don't want to make this about Tim Wallace. I will have to say that you are right about one thing. I did not get the answers I was looking for. BUT, I did get the answers I was expecting. Don't want to post your own stats. Don't want to make this about you. Unfortunately the more you write, the more it is becoming about you.
I will quote you here:
"you speak of tradition here as it relates to baseball, i will just ask you one question what tradition??? a losing one??? thats what i am trying to change here..."
I really wish that my typing on this site could change the world of Terrier Baseball. Hopefully you will have success with this endeavor.
At what level of basaeball are you currently involved? Just curious.

Oh, by the way. No one died and make me king. I appointed myself. :D
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby dialing8 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

To all on this board, I would like to say I welcome some good chatter!!
This board is way to quiet.
Let's make this a place for spirited talks about baseball, past, present and future.
Maybe we can all get fired up and make the school get it together and give the programs what they need to be successful.
If it takes a big fundraising drive to raise 10-20 million, so be it!!!
We expect our coaches to win a fight armed with a revolver when the others in the SoCon have oozies.
Maybe we can all get a little upset like our new friend is and do something to help.
I will tell you all that I have a friend that will not donate to Wofford because he played soccer at Wofford and fells that nothing is being done for that program. It is his way of telling the powers at be that he is ticked at how the "lesser" sports are handled.
--------------------------"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." Earl Weaver
dialing8
True Terrier Fan

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:25 pm

amen dialing 8!!!! very well put

"At what level of basaeball are you currently involved? Just curious." big john you really think im going to answer that question...lets just say its at a level thats high enough to be making my point for the time being...

"I really wish that my typing on this site could change the world of Terrier Baseball" how do you know it cant my friend??? trust me, this site can generate and help to create passionate fans who come out to support the team even if they are not having a winning season...wofford barely gets 200 people a game, and thats pathetic since they dont even charge for admission, unless they are playing carolina, its a beautiful park and place to come out and watch a game, it doesnt matter what the team does on the field, sure it helps to win, but fans can still come out and cheer on the team and root for their boys and have a good time even if their team is losing....the reason that they dont do that at wofford is bc there is hardly any passion and desire and connection to the team shown from the fans...thats all i am trying to help create here...a passion and a fire and a desire to be part of something better than anything else the school has ever known...players feed off the energy level of the crowd, and vice versa, if the crowd and fan base is passionate and really cares, then the team will sense that and pick up on it, thus influencing the desire and will to win...i cant tell you how many games i have been to, and its so quiet in the stands, you can hear a pin drop...its not golf for cryin out loud...one person in my mind who helps the team out even though he is annoying at times and somewhat handicapped, and says stupid stuff at times, is Slick...he is the only person cheering sometimes, and that is really pathetic...once again, all i am trying to do here is create a passion within the wofford community that will carry over and support the baseball team...thats all
reggie warren jr

Postby dungeonjoe on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Between the UCSB posters and this thread, we have a great deal of spirited discussion.

As a moderator here, I remind you all to keep it clean (as you have done for the most part here) and with a measure of respect. We may disagree on the issues, but the character of the posters is not an issue.

Have fun.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierLurker on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:22 pm

"once again, all i am trying to do here is create a passion within the wofford community that will carry over and support the baseball team...thats all"

Reggie, why don't you start another thread and to get input on how to acheive that goal? I just started one so maybe you can add some suggestions. This is a thread to congratulate a Wofford graduate on his accomplishments. If you were given a "[insert your occupation] of the year award", then we would love to acknowledge your accomplishments. Since you were a baseball player here at Wofford, then it would probably go on this board, too.
TerrierLurker

Postby BigJohn94 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Reggie, Let's get something clear. I appreciate your passion. The methods behind trying to create your passion is what pi$$ed a bunch of people off. You came on here knocking someone for posting a congratulatory statement for a Terrier Alum and former baseball player. I would correlate that to someone knocking Danny Morrison , a former AD at Wofford, for being named the GM of the Carolina Panthers; or Jerry Richardson, a former player, for his accomplishments; or Brandon Waring for his post graduate accomplishments in the minor leagues. You want to drum up some passion, great. Right place and right time. The time may have been right, but this thread evidently wasn't the right place.

I'm sure if you read through some of the other topics, whether it's Football, Basketball, Baseball, etc., I'm sure you will notice a few things. We have some "spirited" debates about a miriad of issues. You'll also see that we don't take attacks very well, especially about one of our own, whether it's by one of our own or not. Another observation you would likely make is that there are a handfull of us that are regular posters on this board, and when someone comes in and starts attacking one of the regulars, the rest of us will likely go to bat for that person. Be passionate, by all means. But keep in mind you'll earn, and get, a lot more respect from us regulars by showing some class and respect, as well as knowledge of the situation, in your posts.

Now, I don't need you to copy and paste and keep this tirade of both yours and mine (and Ruckus, et al) going. The thread was to congratulate one of our own. Tou want to congratulate him, by all means, please do so. If you don't, by all means, don't. You want to keep rallying the troops for support of the baseball program, by all means. Start a new thread and we'll go from there.
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby reggie warren jr on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:07 pm

i will make a new thread to respectfully satisfy the two dudes of ruckus and big john...thank you for all your replies and responses though, as they helped to create something and get the ball rolling towards a more alive and upbeat message board and forum...
reggie warren jr

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball