Congratulations

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby bigdogbarking on Sun May 24, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't care if Mickey Mouse is the coach. If he got the job over Wallace, then he's our coach. I'd still give Mickey two seasons to get it. If in his third year, he still doesn't get it. I'll lead the parade down Main Street to get him out of town.
bigdogbarking

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun May 24, 2009 3:46 pm

My issue is not that we hired Mickey Mouse, it's that regardless of his results, our athletic administration won't do anything to make a change if needed.

Loyalty is one thing, but when almost every sport we have is in a perpetual rebuilding mode, you have to look not only at how it got that way, but why it never changes.

I support Coach I because he is our coach. I just hope that in the event it becomes obvious that he isn't the guy for the job (probably should be apparent after next season or the following at the latest) that we recognize it and move accordingly. Hopefully, that won't be needed, but if it is, we can't just sit by and not make a move just because we don't want to make a tough call. Not making a decision is a decision.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12
I-AA Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16
I-AA Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby MarleyDogg on Tue May 26, 2009 11:58 am

bigdogbarking wrote:As for the football talk....TAKE IT TO ANOTHER FORUM!!!!!!

Sorry, bigdog, didn't realize that this board was so busy that you didn't have time to wade through a couple of off-topic posts. Thanks for this important policing of the board.
MarleyDogg
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Baseball