Basketball Schedule Released

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Basketball Schedule Released

Postby TennesseeTerrier on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:58 pm

TennesseeTerrier

Postby i77cat on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:55 pm

ASU, CofC, Chattanooga, Furman, GSU, UNCG, WCU, and Elon had 8 non-D1 teams on their schedules. Wofford and Citadel have 8. Davidson has not released a final schedule yet, but will have 1 or none. Not a single OOC home game against a D1 opponent? I feel for the Wofford fans. What a tragic schedule. Good luck.
i77cat

Postby walliver on Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:54 am

I guess we could always schedule USC-Upstate :?:
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby sickem on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:18 am

i77cat wrote:ASU, CofC, Chattanooga, Furman, GSU, UNCG, WCU, and Elon had 8 non-D1 teams on their schedules. Wofford and Citadel have 8. Davidson has not released a final schedule yet, but will have 1 or none. Not a single OOC home game against a D1 opponent? I feel for the Wofford fans. What a tragic schedule. Good luck.

I77 Cat, get off your high horse. The rest of the SoCon has stronger feelings about your football program, or shall I say lack of one. :P
sickem

Postby TDOG21 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:22 am

I think Cat is exactly right. We can't schedule 1 home game agaisnt a D-1 team? I was thinking of getting season tickets, but I do not want to pay to watch of beat up on Tocca Falls and their JV team. I realize we go and play some tough teams, but RJ needs to bring something to Ben Johnson.
TDOG21

Postby BestOfBreed on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 am

walliver wrote:I guess we could always schedule USC-Upstate :?:

They need to schedule Upstate now while they still have a chance of beating them. Once they get the new arena, I'm afraid the Terriers won't be able to compete.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby i77cat on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:44 pm

sickem,
I couldn't possibly care less what you or anyone else thinks about Davidson football. This is a basketball forum. Here's a nice link (from a school that plays Southern Conference football) to the official schedules that have been released thus far: http://p197.ezboard.com/fmoctalkfrm1.sh ... 5430.topic
i77cat

Postby NCTerrier on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Playing the big boys do help, but playing so many, and losing bad, can hurt in the long run. On top of that, scheduling Toccoa Falls (again) is counter-productive — we get nothing done by beating them by 80 and holding them to 20 points.

Once again, we will revel in having one of the toughest pre-Christmas schedules, only to be worn out by the time the conference race begins.

Changes need to be made here.
NCTerrier

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 pm

NCTerrier wrote:Changes need to be made here.

You've got that right. The asinine OOC scheduling has got to stop.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:50 pm

Maybe we should start a nation-wide search for OOC games. :lol:
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:43 am

walliver wrote:Maybe we should start a nation-wide search for OOC games. :lol:

Unfortuntately, if previous national searches are ay indication, we would end up playing ourselves!
BossTerrier

Postby terriers on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:38 am

Amen, Boss.
terriers

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:48 am

I know Wofford needs to play OOC big D-1 teams for the money Wofford gets and I am fine with that. I want Wofford to be competitive in the SOCON and strive for a .500 record or better in conference and continue to get better.
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:03 pm

walliver wrote:Maybe we should start a nation-wide search for OOC games. :lol:

BossTerrier wrote:Unfortuntately, if previous national searches are ay indication, we would end up playing ourselves!

Truer statements are hard to make, guys.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:05 pm

TURKEYCREEK wrote:I know Wofford needs to play OOC big D-1 teams for the money Wofford gets and I am fine with that. I want Wofford to be competitive in the SOCON and strive for a .500 record or better in conference and continue to get better.

Wofford hasn't had a winning season in basketball since I was a student. I can only hope they manage to have one before my kids are students.

The same goes for baseball, except that we haven't had a winning season in baseball since before I was a student.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Men's Basketball