Terriers Win!!!!

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Terriers Win!!!!

Postby BestOfBreed on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Chatty 63
Wofford 66
Final

Great game. Congrats to Coach Young and the team!
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby terriers on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Whew!! What a relief!
terriers

Postby Rowdy on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:20 pm

Yes, a great win! I got to the game as it started. Anybody know what the technical foul at the start was all about? Apparently it occurred during the warm-ups. I've never heard of that in my life.
Rowdy

Postby Rowdy on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:35 am

Here's the answer to my question.

WOFFORD TRAILS BEFORE TIP
Wofford has had a tough enough time this basketball season without spotting the other team points before the game even begins.
The Terriers were able to beat Chattanooga on Saturday night for their first Southern Conference victory despite starting the game down 2-0. Referees called a technical foul on one of the Wofford players for dunking in pre-game warmups. So right before the opening tip, Casey Long of the Mocs made two foul shots.
Wofford pulled out a three-point victory, and head coach Mike Young said he was thankful that the technical did not cost the Terriers.
"That's just an immature thing," Young said. "That just can't happen. The game is too fragile to be concerned at that point about two foul shots. I assure you that will never happen again."
-- Todd Shanesy
Rowdy

Postby dude on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:35 pm

A really nice win for the Terriers. Some bad breaks at the end nearly cost us the game, but Eric Marshall made two thoroughly BIG TIME shots to put us over the top. Good win, and I hope we can keep it up.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:51 pm

Rowdy wrote:"I assure you that will never happen again." - Mike Young

I didn't see the dunk, and didn't know that rule existed, but I feel confident that it will be addressed and the lesson will be learned.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 pm

The game wasn't the greatest display of basketball I've seen, but Wofford showed some grit and hustle and did what it had to do. I felt sure that when Chattanooga retook the lead that Wofford would fold, but they didn't and I am very proud to see that.

Hard to say this is a defining win or the turning of the corner, but maybe its a sign of some progress. Congrats to the team and coaches.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball