Keve

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2019

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Keve

Postby Terrierfan06 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Pete Yannity just put out Keve list of schools with interest earlier- for what Its' worth VT is not on the list. I just don't see that happening with Mike having any part of recruiting active roster. I was way off on my guess, but still an impressive list.
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Yeah, some impressive names there. And we'll see if others make their way to recruit Keve. I'm glad not to see VT on this list.

Overall, though, I'm not exactly overwhelmed. I mean, NC State is a Big Four/ Tobacco Road school, so that's a big deal. Arkansas and Oklahoma State play in the big league. "Andy" might mean "Vandy" -- that's an SEC school, and Jerry Stackhouse is now their coach....gotta say, I think that's pretty cool.

Far as Rhode Island and Nevada, are those program truly a step up from Wofford?

But, anyway, how many of these schools were in the NCAA Tournament this past season? With Keve, Wofford would have a great chance to return next year or the year after, in my opinion. I realize I'm thoroughly biased. But while landing at NCSU could possibly be very exciting and rewarding for Keve, there's the possibility of a lot of losing there (or at one of those other schools). There's a possibility of his being recruited over and not getting a great deal of playing time. At Wofford, he would be a featured player, on both ends of the court, on teams that should win a lot. Some might criticize my mentality as "settling" or whatever. Maybe it is. Or maybe it's looking at the good points of the decision you've already made to be part of a team and program (and, yes, we can acknowledge the coaching change) and supporting your teammates. And maybe it's the best option for getting to develop offensively, where Keve needs the most work, and showcasing his skills.

Not my call, of course, and I hope things work out well for Keve. He seems like a cool guy. But I am in no way convinced that this is the best decision for his basketball future.
Last edited by dude on Wed May 01, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Could the worst thing for it. He is a hard worker so I suspect he will keep grinding but it is a big stretch to say he is going to make a major leap elsewhere. Really wish he had stayed, he could have really been special for us, Maybe hall of famer but won't get that at any school now.
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Terrierfan06 wrote:Given Safford was at furman junior day, and doesnt seem to have been on radar he might have been a dwight guy

Even the mere thought of that uplifts my spirits. Friends don't let friends wear purple.
SoCon Champs '03 '07 '10 '12 '17 '18
FCS Playoffs '03 '07 '08 '10 '11 '12 '16 '17 '18
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90 '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48 '49 '50 '51 '52 '54 '56 '57 '61 '62 '63 '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun May 05, 2019 5:00 pm

lawdog wrote:Will be surprised if it is not VT.

Am hearing Aluma to VT.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball