[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - Recruiting

Recruiting

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2019

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Recruiting

Postby lawdog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Appelgren to be in town both summer sessions, learning and working to get better.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:54 pm

I was on that side of town and decided to drive through campus. And whom should I see? A very, very tall youngster walking between Burwell and Olin. I rolled down the window and spoke to David. He said he's having a nice time, loves the place, is working out to gain weight. He's dang tall -- I can tell you that. And thin. Seems like a real nice guy who's having a good go of it so far. He said Wofford has some good players -- I imagine it's a different deal from what he's seen before.

I didn't conduct an extensive interview, so that's all I got....ha ha.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrierfan06 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:52 am

Dude and Boulder-

Not sure if it's defensive, or that he is taking the high road and knows more than we are allowed to with Keve. I fully believe Keve wanted to come back, and others around him convinced him to leave. I also think there was some foul play involved in people reaching out to his family. but we are moving on without him and will be in great shape. hats off to Jay for keeping it in house.
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrierfan06 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:39 pm

2019 offer extended to Lok Wur, from Nebraska. watch the highlight video if you get 2-3 mins on verbal commits. building an impressive list of interest/offers. but kid is like 6'9 and jumps out of the gym. looks like has a shot and some handles too.
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Would be an excellent fit for our team. Has skills and talent.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

I'm thinking this guy would freak some people in the SoCon out -- very tall and athletic and skilled. I'm curious whether Wofford really has a shot. Will find out before much longer, I reckon...
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby Retiredterrier on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Here is a highlight video of his senior year. I have seen where he is a guard which is very unusual for a 6'9" guy. But when you watch the video - or at least when I watched it - it looks like he handles the ball very well for a big guy. But draw your own conclusions. I do not want to influence anyone's opinion. I have also seen where he is a forward (either PF or SF). I have also attached an article about his recruiting. From reading it we will be lucky to get him IMHO.

https://youtu.be/quSaGsGsyak

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/69-lok- ... ming-soon/
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrierfan06 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Offer list blowing up. Apparently just became academically eligible. Iowa offered. Going to visit oregon. VT, Kansas, depaul, dozens of others calling...
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm

I really like the idea of this guy on the court in a Terrier uniform and he could really add size and depth and make the inside game stronger. This guy could be a legit Aluma replacement. That being said, it concerns me that he just now became academically eligible. I don't know for sure that he does, but if he has academic issues then Wofford realistically might not be the best place for him, no matter how good a player he might be. Players that struggle in the classroom often have a hard time sticking around- Wofford academics are no joke and athletes get no breaks like they do at many places. As an aside, if he doesn’t become a Terrier then I hope he goes anywhere else but Virginia Tech. Sorry, just couldn’t help myself!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 pm

"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Sorry but I don't think we stand a chance at a guy like that. Academics might be an issue with us but not with all the other universities that will surely give him an offer. Sure would love to have him but don't think it will happen unless someone has some kind of connection with him. MHO.

GO TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 pm

I agree with Crabby. The academics could keep this guy from coming. But I wouldn’t change our school’s stance on academics for anything.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 pm

Yeah, in terms of a comparison to Aluma, this guy might or might not be as strong defensively -- but on offense, it appears he can do things Aluma could only dream about....and, for that matter, are on a whole other level from most people we've seen around the SoCon. I'd expect he's headed to a major college program -- and possibly to the NBA in a couple of years.

I wondered, too, about the academic thing. Perhaps he's an international kid and there's a bit of a language challenge...but that he's otherwise a strong student. Who knows, but I figure Wofford wouldn't be taking someone who could barely be qualified because he's an overall weak student.

But, hey, maybe he'd like to come to a really nice small liberal arts college....
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Well for what it’s worth, which is probably not much, someone on Twitter says that he thinks Wofford is where he will probably end up going. But that person gives no explanation as to why he thinks that...so I take it with a grain of salt. But I sure hope it’s correct and that the guy is a good enough student to hamg around as well!

https://twitter.com/patrickgkrause/stat ... 72032?s=20
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrierfan06 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm

I won't call out players names but we've had plenty struggle academically, as do most schools concerning all students not just athletes. Kid is from Sudan, and struggled it appears with standardized testing. I've know plenty of smart people that sucked at SAT and people who knocked that out of park and couldn't hardly keep a 2.5. Im thinking Oregon, Crighton or Iowa given connections and location but we could be a dark horse. Either way, Wofford name is growing in all areas not just the SE
Terrierfan06
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Basketball