At Furman 2/23 ESPN3

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2019

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: At Furman 2/23 ESPN3

Postby Atldog7 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 am

Stumpe hasn't really played either of the last 2 games. 11 guys is hard to rotate through. 10 obviously is much easier like we have seen recently with Wholesale substitutions which leaves one man out. Right now, that seems to be Trevor.
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:14 am

He is obviously a fine player and should see things improve, next year if not before. He has really hung in, through a back injury, which is tough.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am

I think Mike Young said something about his height being a factor. Because Stumpe plays the 4 position, he would rather have Pegram/Jackson/Aluma/Goodwin in against these big, long rebounding teams. Trevor is a better shooter than the other bigs, but he doesn't matchup as well against the better bigs in the conference in ETSU/UNCG/Furman while I imagine he does well against pretty much everyone else.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:25 pm

The two players that have meant a lot to this team down the stretch IMO are Keve and Cheve. We saw Keve developing through the early part of the year and now Cheve is coming off the bench and doing the things we need of him. He seems to be getting his comfort back both scoring and playing defense. He is blocking shots and grabbing rebounds.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby billkelly57 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:51 pm

I would have to agree that the most impressive portion of the Wofford team is the improvement of Cheve and Keve Aluma. Keve has been the quiet man doing the dirty work and not getting much pub. he has been the most improved all year, but now Cheve has come on and helped this team greatly. When Pegram went down, i was worried about our inside game but Cheve has been very good for us the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to the next coup,e of years with those two inside.
billkelly57
Junior Terrier

Postby Terrier13 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 pm

The development of Keve and Cheve has transformed this team from an upper tier team to being the team to beat. We’ve had the outside shooting acumen with Magee and Hoover for a couple years now and Garcia was no slouch from 3 just like Storm isn’t. What’s set this 18-19 team apart and pushed it to the fore-front is the post development of Cam Jackson and the depth of Keve, Cheve, and Pegram. Without the reliability of scoring with the inside game, we become a live by the three, die by the the three team. Our inside game is what’s been missing/inconsistent in past years and it’s what has led us on such a special run this year.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Keve has become a stud.

And Cheve has been a nice contributor off the bench.

I'd still love to see Stumpe get an opportunity....but being able to keep two 6-8 or taller guys in the game at all times -- players who are all at least solid -- has been likely helped Wofford reach another level this season.
dude
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 pm

I certainly am all in on this team. HOWEVER, when I think of what we have coming back it is pretty special. Keve will start getting NBA attention. The interview on Monday with Chevez was very interesting. He always talked about how he and his dad weighed his decisions and made the decision together to leave C of C and then to go to Wofford. He is very intelligent and wants to go into something involving media-along with his computer background. He is getting the chance to play like he wants, and it is very valuable to this team. Next year he will be called on to score, defend and rebound at a large pace. Then we have Nate coming back as a scorer and shooter, and a bunch of guards who can handle the ball and score. The base is there for a real future. I don't know about being the Gonzaga of the East, but I like us being Wofford-the little school that CAN!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball