Page 1 of 2

Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 pm
by lawdog
Coastal is 5-4 with some good wins and close losses to FBS teams. ESPN+ and radio.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm
by youngterrier
Need to win this game!

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm
by Hobo
I am worried about it being cancelled because of the storm coming to the Upstate Sat night. I heard talk of rescheduling it for Saturday but Shanesy said that wasn't going to happen.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:53 pm
by youngterrier
The terriers have played basketball in the snow before.

I believe it was against Furman in the 2010-2011 year or something like that. We won.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:30 pm
by woffordgrad94
According to ESPN’s Basketball Power Index matchup predictor, Wofford has an 88.5% chance to win this game. CCU an11.5% chance. Just putting that out there, take it with any degree of seriousness that you wish. I personally think we should win this one at home. But we have to come ready to play. CCU is not a joke.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 pm
by youngterrier
The computers favor us in every game but the ones @ETSU, @Furman, @UNCG and @Mississippi State.

They also favored USC

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:05 pm
by woffordgrad94
A winter storm warning was just issued for Saturday 7PM until Monday 12 PM. Snow accumulations of 2-6 inches and ice thickness of one tenth to one quarter of an inch on trees and lines expected Sunday, Going to be a rough day- might be watching this one on ESPN Plus, where it thankfully will be available. Provided the game is not cancelled- I hope that does not happen; it would suck to lose yet another game off the schedule.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:44 pm
by woffordgrad94
youngterrier wrote:The computers favor us in every game but the ones @ETSU, @Furman, @UNCG and @Mississippi State.

They also favored USC

If that holds we will be 23-7 overall, 15-3 in the SoCon for the regular season. I’ll take that.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm
by boulder3m
The Twitter line says the game WILL be played. I sure hope so, because where I am located they are saying 10-15 inches, and all we can hope is that the cable lines are unaffected.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:31 pm
by Hobo
boulder3m wrote:The Twitter line says the game WILL be played. I sure hope so, because where I am located they are saying 10-15 inches, and all we can hope is that the cable lines are unaffected.

I saw the same. I assume Coastal is already in Spartanburg but I suspect I will not be making the trip up 85 tomorrow. I also hope the lady Terriers arrive back to campus safe and sound after their victory today.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 pm
by woffordgrad94
The game is still on for 2:00. Free admission for anyone who makes it to the arena for it. ESPN Plus for the rest of us.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:46 pm
by boulder3m
We really played sloppy in the first half offensively. Shooting poorly in every aspect. We are, however, playing very good defensively. Lots of disguised fans in those seats.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:50 pm
by woffordgrad94
Aside from Fletcher Magee and Nathan Hoover, we are a very poor free throw shooting team. This is going to cost us down the line.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:26 pm
by woffordgrad94
We are as cold as the ice and snow outside from three today. Thank goodness for our defense and rebounding...and Cam Jackson.

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 pm
by woffordgrad94
Dogs win, 82-71. Some thoughts:

1) Cam Jackson could not be stopped. 24 points and 9 rebounds.
2) Despite some struggles shooting at times, Fletcher Magee had 18 points and he surpassed 2,000 points for his career today. Congratulations, Fletcher. That is quite an accomplishment, especially given that every opponent locks in on him. And Fletch hit a couple of BIG shots for us down the stretch.
3) Nice defensive effort, especially on Zac Cuthbertson, CCU’s leadng scorer. He finished with 14, but most of those were at the end of the game when it was pretty much decided.
4). The team did hit free throws at the end when it really counted. Storm and Nathan were as cool as the other side of the pillow knocking them down late to preserve the win.
5) CCU was a very worthy opponent. They played hard, played us tough, and never quit. This was a great game for us to play in preparation for the SoCon. We were challenged and we rose up to it.
6) We shot just 21% from behind the arc yet beat a pretty good mid-major team by 11

These guys have a tough week ahead with exams and I imagine many are very tired, busy, and stressed out. So taking everything into consideration...one heck of a job!