Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2019

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Coastal Carolina, Dec. 9, at home, 2 pm

Postby lawdog on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Our defense and rebounding are getting better. To shoot this poorly from 3 and still beat a good team is encouraging. Aluma’s game continues to improve. https://woffordterriers.com/news/2018/1 ... olina.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 pm

LD, it is so easy for teams with good shooters to forget that the offense begins from the inside out. The three point line probably brought that about, but it just makes you cringe to see it happen. We have three very capable scorers from the inside, and it just seems that that you have to establish your inside game before you start to shoot it up outside. It is very similar to establishing the run in football. Our guys too often have seemed to got immediately to the shooters and only turn back to the inside when we are not hitting. That is understandable, since the 3 point shot is so valuable, and we have three or four good outside shooters.
Our D is getting much better in every way. We just need to come out more composed and work inside out to score. Aluma is becoming a beast on the glass, and we need that dramatically. I really enjoyed seeing Pegram getting fired up when his man was roughing him up, and I was glad he stood up to him. Our Socon ref crew was seemingly clueless on some of the nuances today's players have figured out from the pro game. Glad they didn't know about it when Garcia was our point guard. I remember one game we stole because he did the arm lock trick in the backcourt!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball